Diva against the World - 2

The next week passed and the Shuttle was complete.

The explosions lasted an entire day but they were finally subdued when they decided that our barrier was impenetrable.

Meanwhile, me and Glados loaded the Cyber Command Drones on the shuttle. These drones are tiny robots that can configure and manipulate electric circuits. With these, taking over an industrial civilization shouldn't be that hard.

*Cough Cough*

After the 'incident', my body symptoms started to resurface as well. My heart is too weak to pump blood to this metabolically stimulated body. Working for a week straight *cough* didn't help either...

I am certain I can at least continue for a month before a replacement is needed though.

For now... I need to... take care of these locals... before I start the construction of the Digital Cloner.

W-wait for me g-guys. I am nearly there. A single drop of blood came from my left eye but I brushed it off.

"*Cough Cough*"

"Diva? Are you alright?" asked the humanoid robot with concern.

"Yeah. Did you build the device I gave the blueprint of?" I asked the AI.

"*Sigh* Of course. I actually did do my part while you were too busy monologing to yourself." she replied.

I picked the belt-like metallic device and equipped it on my wrist.

After doing today's meditation, I came back to the hangar and looked at the shuttle from a distance.

"..."

Glados is staring at me again...

I hopped on the shuttle and started the engines.

The platform above the shuttle slid to the side as the shuttle levitated upwards.

Ion beams shot from below as a small piece of the Force Field opened for us to leave.

Of course, I was in the piloting seat with Glados on my side.

The Shuttle levitated a fair amount above the ground as it warped towards the nearby city.

...

Inside a bunker-like area filled with military personnel.

"Sir! Target V was seen leaving her barrier in an unknown aircraft." reported one of the personnel.

"What!? Deploy an air strike missile at the location at once!" the old general ordered.

"I-I am afraid the target is currently above civilian ground. The casualties could be in the hundreds if we launch a strike." commented one of the other personnel.

"Damn it! Prepare a helicopter! Get the army ready! Do something damn it! We have to strike her down before she goes back to the barrier!" ordered the old general.