8

It was now 11:00 pm and (Y/n)'s mother was trying to get some rest but couldn't due to the loud police sirens. With a confused and annoyed expression, she slipped on her slippers and her robe before walking outside.

Just around the end of the Block, stood the Myer's home. She immediately noticed there was some sort of scene due to there being police tape, and a lot of people who decided to check out the situation as well. "Excuse me sir? What's going on? I live a few houses down and I'm trying to get some sleep!" She said to a police officer. "Sorry ma'am. There was an accident involving the Myer's family".

"What happened? My little boy is friends with Mrs. Myer's son! We all had dinner before!"

The police officer was about to speak before being cut off by someone's screams. (Y/n)'s mom watched in horror as Ms. Myer's walked after the nurses who were carrying out a body. "HEY! WAIT! PLEASE- THAT'S MY BABY JUDITH!" She sobbed. "WOAH! HEY! PLEASE- WHAT IS HAPPENING?" (Y/n)'s mom tried to push the cop away to help Michael's mom calm down, but wasn't let through by the cop.

It was straight out of a horror scene. Out came three bodies- Ronnie's, Judith's, and Judith's boyfriend. The loud sobbing and ambulance sirens only added to the horrific scene. Not long after that,  shouts from a little boy coming from inside the house, as well as a cop holding Boo and trying to calm her down from crying.

"LET GO!" Michael fought. He attempted to push the cop away before the cop tightened his grip on his handcuffs. "MOM! MOM!" Michael shouted after her. She only ignored his cries and watched in horror. This wasn't her son. This was a monster. It was as if he was possessed by some sort of evil entity. Her son would never hurt a soul.... Right?

He screamed for her help before the cop pushed him towards the police car. Just as he was about to get pushed into the car, he locked eyes with your mother. Her eyes went wide as he stared at her. He didn't have an expression. He seemed so out of place. But suddenly, he started shouting at her too. "I'LL GET YOUR SON. HE'S MINE. HE'S MINE. (Y/N)'S MINE". He kept repeating himself before the cop shut the door behind him.

(Y/n)'s mom teared up as she watched Michael shouting in the car.

This was the start of his obsession.

- (a bit of a POV change)

The next few years was... interesting. You never knew what happened to Michael. Your mom told you he moved away.

Why would he move away without telling you? You felt so sour and betrayed. Why would he just get up and leave?

You didn't really have many friends. Of course, you had a few, but there wasn't anyone who had the same connection you and Michael had.

Whatever. You didn't need anymore anyways.

You grew up to be independent due to being afraid of being betrayed again. You just didn't know how to react. Now as a teen, you went to a public high school with a few of your friends that went to the same middle school as you. They all knew about Michael "moving away" and thought it was so weird. Especially since you two were so close.

Sometimes you wonder how he's doing.

You sat down on your bed and started sketching something for your art project. Your mind started drifting to your childhood friend. Was he living in the city, or maybe in the suburbs? What state is he in right now? What if he's still in Haddonfield?

Your thoughts were cut short as your mother knocked on your door. "What is it?" You said. "Dinner's ready!" She announced. You immediately jumped up and ran downstairs for the food. Yummy.