11

(Y/n) swiped his work card and made his way to Dr. Loomis' office. He had called (Y/n) via phone about a "plan". (Y/n) couldn't sleep last night. He kept thinking about Michael.

Was this really my friend?

Either way, his "friend" murdered his whole family and would be spending the rest of his life in a cell.... But was that really fair?

(Y/n) didn't want to side with a convicted murderer, but Michael was only a kid. Did he know better? Thinking back on it, there was a few warning signs. Thinking back to that poor bunny made (Y/n) want to puke. Especially because he's a huge animal lover.

(Y/n) knocked on the office door a few times before hearing a "come in". He twisted the knob and shut the door behind him before taking a seat. "Good morning (Y/n)," he shook (Y/n)'s hand before facing his computer again. "I have a proposal to make," he stated.

"Go on...". "I saw Michael react now because you are here. You surly caught his eye. Yesterday, he would normally hurt whoever would step into his room without a security guard behind them. But I noticed he didn't hurt you when you were alone". That sent chills up (Y/n)'s spine. Dr. Loomis said he would be completely safe!

"You see, I been working with Michael ever since he was a kid, and never made that much progress. However, you seem to spark something in him. How about you act more friendly to him? Act like you forgive what he's done and propose to be friends again. I have a hypothesis. One can assume that he would want to get closer to you because he hasn't been exposed to anyone he previously met before. So what do you say?"

(Y/n) thought for a moment. What would his mother think? He lied to her and told her he was assigned to someone else. Would he get hurt? What if Dr. Loomis is wrong and tries killing (Y/n)?

(Y/n) sighed, "with all due respect, I am not a guinea pig. What about my safety?". "I can assure that you will be safe. There is no need to worry".

That's what you said last time.

"Plus, I can make sure there's always security around you, unless you request there to not be. And I can double you pay".

Double my pay?

"Count me in".

And so the plan was out in action.

It was around 2:00 pm and Michael was granted to have lunch. Dr. Loomis suggested (Y/n) should have lunch with Michael. And so, he carried his lunch bag and followed Dr. Loomis down the hall and into the small courtyard. They both saw Michael sitting down like yesterday. He had his head tilted down and looked uninterested in everything. "(Y/n), I'll let you two speak alone this time," (Y/n) nodded before walking towards Michael.

"Hey Mikey." This immediately caught Michael's attention. "Sorry... I shouldn't call you that since we haven't spoke in years," (Y/n) nervously chuckled. He noticed the plate of food that Michael had. It looked so horrible. (Y/n) shot a disgusted look before sighing. "That food looks like shit. What the hell are they feeding you?" He opened his lunch bag and dug around before taking out a sandwich. "Here," he said. He shot a smile before sliding a sandwich over to Michael's side of the table. "It's not the best but hey, it's homemade," he laughed. This reminded him of the times his mom would prepare an extra lunch for Michael because they knew about his family issues. Michael's mom didn't always have time to prepare him lunch, and well... Ronnie was a piece of shit. He never cared for him.

Michael looked at the sandwich. He didn't move. (Y/n) noticed this and frowned, "I promise it's not bad... and I won't starve! I made you one just like old times...". (Y/n) happily took out his sandwich and showed Michael. "See," he said before taking a bite out of it. "I didn't add cheese in yours. I remember you not liking it".

Michael still didn't eat it, which caused (Y/n) some confusion. "Hey. I can turn around so you can eat if you want. I don't mind," and with that, (Y/n) turned around to let Michael have some privacy. He stayed like and heard some slight movement behind him. He felt a bit nervous due to him having his back towards Michael, but there was security in the courtyard, so he shouldn't be that concerned.

When the shuffling stopped, he warned Michael before turning around. To his surprise, the sandwich was gone. He grinned, "I knew you'll eat it!". Out of instinct, he reached over the table and playfully smacked Michael's shoulder.

As soon as he let go, his eyes went wide.

He didn't realize how scared he still was. Was he hiding it with joking around? Still, he just smacked Michael as if they been friends for years. In reality, they haven't talked in over 10 years and here was (Y/n) making a fool of himself.

What if Michael's mad? Is he gonna hurt me?

Under his dirty blonde locks, Michael shot a confused look. He didn't expect (Y/n) to act so friendly. Usually, every nurse he has is shaken with fear and never last a month before quitting. However, (Y/n) was over here preparing him lunch and joking around just like how they were kids.

But he noticed the fear in (Y/n) eyes.

There it goes.

Usually, if anyone were to break Michael's boundaries, he would immediately take this as an opportunity to hurt someone. But for some reason, he didn't feel the need to hurt (Y/n).

What was this?

(Y/n) immediately apologized, "fuck. I'm so sorry I acted out on instinct. Please forgive me," he said before nervously smiling. He was about to say something before being cut off by one of the security guards, "lunch is over". (Y/n) nodded. He stood up and grabbed his bag before turning to Michael. "I'm sorry. I know you don't like physical touch. It's been that way since we were kids... but just- never mind. Forget it." He said before walking out the lunch room.

Michael tilted his head in confusion and watched (Y/n) walk away.