14

"I quit".

"What..?"

"I said I quit".

(Y/n) gathered his belongings before storming out of Dr. Loomis' office. He only chased after (Y/n), not stopping when (Y/n) started to walk faster. "Please think about it," he said. (Y/n) only shook his head 'no'. "I-I can't. This is a serious manner, Dr. Loomis. With all due respect, I can't continue working in a facility that doesn't value safety". Dr. Loomis sighed, "I hope your finally day of work goes well, (Y/n). How should we break the news to Michael?" (Y/n) stopped. He hasn't given that a thought.

Michael had just gotten a hold of his obsession. And now he's leaving him again. Dr. Loomis knew this. This could potentially put (Y/n) at risk. But (Y/n) surely already knew about this. After all, working with Michael had been a risk since the beginning. "I'll tell him later in his room. I just need security to be there with me," (Y/n) said. "Very well".

So during lunch, (Y/n) acted like nothing was wrong. He acted as if he wasn't just assaulted in front of his ex best friend. (Y/n) knew he had to thank Michael somehow. He started to zone out before bringing his attention to Michael, who slide something across the table to his side. (Y/n) followed his movements and noticed a mask. "Is this for me?" He asked. He looked shocked for a second before controlling his facial expression again. "Thank you," he said. The mask was white, with clown makeup. It looked familiar to (Y/n) but he couldn't remember from where. (Y/n) awkwardly placed the mask back down on the table before sighing. He had to thank Michael eventually.

He paused for a second before the words started forming. "Thank you Michael... for the mask and for yesterday". He awkwardly shifted. He was never good at apologizing. "If it wasn't for you, I probably would have been raped-" he said. Michael only stared at (Y/n). He didn't know why, but he felt angry. He felt angered at the thought of someone touching (Y/n). Sure, he has been plenty of other patients get assaulted by several guard or other patients, but he never felt anything. He felt something he hadn't felt in years. His thoughts began to race before coming to a conclusion. He'll kill those guards.

"I can't believe what that girl was feeling. I'll go visit her later," (Y/n) looked down at his watch. "Lunch is over Mikey. I'll talk to you later". And with that, he grabbed the mask and left.

Dr. Loomis was in his office. He filled out some paper work, when he heard a sudden knock on the door. "Come in," he said. He looked up and saw (Y/n). "I have to do my final report on Michael right?" Dr. Loomis nodded and passed some papers over to (Y/n).

After filling it out, he gave the papers to Dr. Loomis. He glanced down at the papers, reading what todays report was. "Michael gave you a mask?" He questioned. He looked both confused and shocked. (Y/n) nodded, "he gave me this". He rose the mask up. Dr. Loomis' eyes went went. That's an oddly similar mask to the one he had on the day of Halloween". (Y/n) looked confused, "I knew I recognized it from somewhere".

The conversation soon drifted off into small talk, and then back to Michael again. It was now afternoon, and (Y/n) had to bring Michael his pills. "Can security be with me?" (Y/n) requested. Dr. Loomis nodded, "I promise it's not gonna be those scumbags from yesterday". "Thank you".

(Y/n) made his way to get the pills, grabbing the ones Michael needed when suddenly the door opened. (Y/n) looked to the side and saw that janitor again. He made eye contact with (Y/n) and shot a friendly smile. "It's you again. How's Mikey doing?" Would it be awkward to tell him that he saved you from being assaulted? (Y/n) only smiled, "he's doing alright". "I heard he's been communicating more then ever because of you". (Y/n) chuckled, "I wouldn't necessarily say it's because of me...". "No trust me. Ever since Michael was admitted, he would refuse to speak to anymore. He only listens, but never replies. Don't know if the kid even remembers how to speak...". (Y/n) listened as he closed the cabinet to his right. "I'm sure he remembers. Maybe he's just a naturally quiet person". False. (Y/n) knew Michael was pretty talkative. The only times he would stay quiet is at home, where his words weren't listened to. The only one who would ever listen was his mother. It was crazy to think about how poorly the situation was handled. Especially with the help Michael's mom never received. Thinking about it gave (Y/n) a headache. "Anyways, be nice to the kid. He went through a lot," Mr. Cruz said. (Y/n) nodded, awkwardly looking down at his feet before finally speaking. "This might seem like a weird question but- how would Michael's ex nurses act like?". (Y/n) was sure this janitor has worked long enough to see several of them come and go. He sighed and fixed his glasses. He leaned against one of the cabinets behind him, getting comfortable. (Y/n) knew this would be a long story.

"Michael's nurses were never nice to him. The ones he would have as a kid wouldn't take him seriously because of his age. When he was 13 he actually killed one of them". "Wha-what?"

He sighed, "I was mopping on his floor, probably a few feet away from his door when I see his nurse yelling at him. I managed to peak in the room to see what was going on and the nurse made a terrible mistake that cost him his life". "What did he do?" Mr. Cruz took a deep breath, "The nurse was feed up with Michael because of the lack of communication and started attacking Michael while Michael was sitting on his desk writing a letter. Then, the nurse grabbed the letter and ripped it in half. Michael immediately stood up and grabbed the pencil he had and repeatedly stabbed the nurse in the eye". (Y/n) had no words. Michael killed someone while writing a letter to him. "His other nurses never tried to form a relationship with him. They just came in and baby sat him because they were getting paid too". (Y/n) shook his head, disappointed at the lack of attention given to him, especially when he was a kid. "That's enough for today. I don't wanna scare you that much, kid," Mr. Cruz laughed, trying to make the situation light hearted. He noticed the way (Y/n) was uncomfortable, but quickly got over it once he made that joke. "Thanks for the info. But today is actually my last day". Mr. Cruz looked shocked, "did Michael do something?" "Oh no! He didn't do anything wrong. I actually quit". "I don't wanna be in your business, but why?" "I just bought a place somewhere back in the city". "That makes sense. Hope your moving goes well". "Thank you". "It was nice talking but I have to go back to cleaning," Mr. Cruz waved. "Yeah. Thanks for the info".

(Y/n) waited for a few minutes after Mr. Cruz left to go back upstairs into Michael's room. He noticed a security guard standing outside the door, just as requested. He lightly smiled at the security guard before knocking on the door. "Michael, it's (Y/n). I have your pills". He waited for a minute before unlocking the door. He saw Michael on his desk, coloring a mask with the radio on. "Here you go," (Y/n) said. He placed the pills to the side and looked around the room. Why did people think his masks were creepy? He smiled before seeing the designs and different colors on each one. "They're so unique," he said. These masks were clearly a depiction of how Michael was feeling on the day he made them. (Y/n) chuckled before looking back down at Michael's desk. The mask was a white and red, with crayons being the source of color. It looked plain but there was blood dripping down the eyes and on top of the head. Michael was clearly upset and angry. "Why are you mad, Mikey?" (Y/n) said. Michael didn't reply back, but had stopped coloring for a second before going back to doing whatever he was previously doing before. (Y/n) frowned, "is this about yesterday?" It was silent until Michael's crayon had snapped due to the force that he was holding it in. (Y/n) didn't expect such an intense reaction. "I'm okay Mikey. Don't worry about me. Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked.

There he goes. Michael was always confused why (Y/n) always worried about others but himself. Even as kids, (Y/n) would always make sure Michael was never sad, even though (Y/n) was feeling sad himself. Or that time (Y/n) almost got hit by Ronnie for "turning Michael into a homo". (Y/n) had ignored his own safely to ask Michael if he was okay. Michael just didn't understood this. Why did he never think of himself?

(Y/n) sighed, standing closer to the door now, he said, "Michael. This is my last day working".