Part 1

Jiang Yanli knelt at the table before the fortune teller and arranged her skirts into a pleasing configuration. The older woman rolled her eyes, but said nothing until the younger stopped figiting. "I assume you're here to discuss your love life and marriage."

"Yes," the younger answered. "My mother arranged a marriage, but he... he doesn't seem interested. I don't want a husband who doesn't at least care for me."

The older woman snorted. "He doesn't care for you in the least bit. And he won't unless you show him you're not a spineless little girl instead of a strong woman."

"I'm not strong," Jiang Yanli admitted. "I can barely use my sword."

The older woman snorted again in disgust. "Since when does holding a sword make you strong? You are strong, so you can wield a sword. Not the other way around. But in this case, I mean you have to show him you are mentally strong. How else will you survive Koi Tower?" The older woman shifted on her mat. "Your brothers are traveling to Gusu soon. The carefree one will start a fight with your intended over you. The serious one will turn the fight physical. He will be reprimanded and sent home. Your father will break the engagement. Whether you can attract your intended's attention again will depend on your strength."

Jiang Yanli nodded, while privately doubting the old woman was a valid fortune teller. After all, why would A'Cheng decide to physically fight Jin Zixuan? Even if A'Xian was provoking him?