Chapter 5

What do you get when you put two angry young boys in an assault course race against a class of the very people who annoyed them? Exhausted winners. We ran as hard as we could, we told Grace what we were going to do first and asked her if she wanted to do it with us.

"I'm okay," she said. The class lined up on a line, the only people I remotely like right now are, Kevin, Grace, Shinji, Ethan, Tori, and Charlotte, even though the latter doesn't like me.

Mr Ridgewell signalled for everyone to start Kevin and I took off like a pair of rockets sprinting towards 2 ropes dangling down, You have to swing across them and not fall into the dirty water below. We hopped across quickly and ran off to a climbing rope over a wooden beam at the top, and back down into.

"What's that?" Kevin said as we got to the bottom.

"Electric strings," the boy band said, "put your shields up and get running" I turned to Kevin, met his his eyes, shrugged my shoulders, and ran into the small, cramped area with tons of dangling white string, zapping that much electricity, if it makes contact with you, you'd twitch in pain. Shields up we ran through as fast as we could, I bust through the electric string field.

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled, A string that I had pushed up with my shield had swung back and tapped my back.

"Are you okay?" Kevin said, seeing my mistake and resting further from the strings. I nodded and continued forward and onto a wooden beam that travels over a body of water and the fun part is the logs swinging back and forth. "Oh, come on! really?"

I ran across the beam waiting for the logs to swing past, the wind that generated from it nearly knocked me off. I got past the first one, then the second, and unfortunately the last two logs swung together.

I took a second to catch my breath and counted how long it took for the logs to swing past me and come back. "3,2,1," I said to myself and ran as fast as I could and jumped as got to the end the airy feeling of the logs swinging back behind me was terrifying.

A 10-foot wall was in front of me, no rope to help me up, Kevin panted behind me, the colour had drained from his face.

"That was scary," he said then he looked at the wall, "push me up and when I'm up there I'll pull you up."

"Okay," I said, it was a good idea. I squatted down a little and put my hands together and formed a foot holding and Kevin put his foot in there and his hand on my shoulder and he jumped up and I pushed my hands up as hard and fast as I could and pushed Kevin to top, he grabbed on to the top and continued to push his feet up, he thrown a leg over the top and then let and put his arm down for me. I took a few steps back and ran to the wall and jumped up putting a foot on the wall and grabbing Kevin's hand, he pulled me up, he was a lot stronger than I would have guessed, I grabbed a hold of the top and then thrown a leg over the top, Kevin and I looked at each other and laughed. The rest of the class could be seen at the start of the Swinging logs. Behind the wall was a long slide down double the size of the wall, now we were in a ditch and next was a low net over a sandpit that Kevin and I crawled through and finally a wet muddy wall.

Now here I am, muddy, wet, and exhausted panting on the floor, Mr Ridgewell was standing not far from Kevin and me, he was waiting for the others I was glad I got some time to rest before anyone turned up, 10 minutes later Shinji's head appeared from where the moody wall was, he made his way over and to us and collapsed on the floor, eventually Ethan and Tori appeared, tired and muddy, not long after that the rest of the class appeared, I kept my eyes out Grace, She and Charlotte where pulling each other up atop of the muddy wall.

"How did you find it?" I asked Grace when she fell over in front of me. Mud in her hair and on her face but the death look I got from her was the only answer I needed.