Chapter 12

Hospital food isn't as bad as what I have heard, happens to be some of the nicest toast I have ever had, and this cup of tea hits the spot. I woke this morning the day after the school's Halloween event, Dad was asleep on a chair in the corner of the room, I knew where I was instantly, and I was still so drained I fell back asleep instantly. later on, Dad told me that he and the others fended off the rest of the minotaurs and the other ones that turned up, apparently another horde of them turned up, but Dad and the others got help from teachers and guild members who heard what was going on.

Here's the news that made me full to the brim with joy, Nate the little boy in the werewolf costume. His full name is Nathanial Walkerstone, the younger brother of Wyatt and Barty Walkerstone, that means that the guy I saved, and he demanded that respect be put on my name was their father, Bartholomew Walkerstone senior. Dad told me that he was surprised when she saw Barty senior there trying to help me, during their time in school they did not get on. He was a year younger and acted just like his sons do now.

A full investigation has been launched into how minotaurs had gotten into the school grounds and how they knew what I was going to be originally dressed as I had only told a few people, it definitely wouldn't have been Kevin or Grace, the only people who overheard me at the school was, Ethan, Tori, and Charlotte.

Mum thought I didn't notice but I knew my room was being avoided by most of the nurses and doctors, perks of being the only dark mage in the world. Unfortunately for them at the school was a husband and wife who happens to be a doctor and nurse here, Barty senior handed me over to them at the school and explained what had happened and they have been looking after me ever since, doctor and Mrs Morgan, doctor Morgan were shorter than his wife he was a nice guy, his goatee was the only hair on his head, his shinny dome reflects light like the moon, his wife was like a gladiator a tall women that could punch a hole threw a wall. They fixed me up, apart from the cut on my left temple, which's scared over, and can't be fixed or smoothed over, because it was caused by the horn of a minotaur, the horn is classified as mythical, like the horn of a unicorn, the fangs of a vampire, and the claws of a werewolf. So now I have a scar that travels from the top of my left cheekbone, at the bottom of my temple straight up, it's the size of an AA battery. Mum and Dad have tried to reassure me that it looks cool, but I don't know, I liked my face how it was, both of them have tried their best to make sure I don't hear anything from the news channels, and not see newspapers but the nurses here talk loudly. I am being blamed for the whole drama; the popular opinion is if I'm not around everyone will be safe.

Thankfully we leave the hospital soon, Mum has turned up again, with clothes for me, a nice black tracksuit. I thanked the Morgans for looking after me and we left, the nurse's station was empty as we walked past, until a mobile phone rang and slowly a hand reached up from under the table and grabbed it and stopped the ringing. Mum scoffed. I thought we were going home until, Dad said Lincoln and Madison were at the guild, they had both finished the last day of school for the week because it was Friday, and I was eager to see them and the rest of the guild. I wanted to give Jackson a good head scratch for carrying me back to the school and thank Marvin and Tracy for coming to save me, and I also wanted to speak to Kevin and Grace and find out what they had heard in school today. We opened the guild doors and walked in, it wasn't packed, everyone must be out on missions, Madison saw me and ran over and jumped at me, her hugs were getting more bear-like. She then pulled my head down.

"I thought you said the scar was small?" she said and then poked the scar, a jolt of itchy pain screeched through my skull.

"It was a lot bigger" Mum pulling my head back up. "They did a good job getting it as small and thin as possible".

"that's a beauty that," Lincoln said,

"Thank you".

I thanked both Marvin and Tracy for what they did,