Chapter 14

There is nothing in this world that you could offer me in exchange for the moment I just had, walking past Wyatt and Barty J and watching them realise who offered to teach me and Lincoln and that we accepted too, oh my god, I'm so full up on that moment I couldn't take a moment well, until we made our way past the cafeteria towards the training areas and we walked past some of Wyatt's crew, they know who his dad is because their mouths fell open. We walked towards training area D or sports hall I forget what I meant to call them anymore, Barty Sr hung his suit jacket up, why do all these rooms look the same as all of the other rooms? either it means to be that way, or someone is lazy.

We set our stuff done on the right side of the training area, Barty Sr, summoned three wooden coat hangers from the wall, "Hang your stuff here boys" he said before hanging his suit jacket up. Lincoln and I followed suit. The doors behind us opened up and a stern-looking red-haired woman liked red, red! Angry red. She has nose piercings and I think worker boots because she assaults the floor when she walks. She stormed in.

"over there" She pointed to the other side of the room and a horde of first and second-year girls walked through the door and then across the room, and suddenly, Grace, Charlotte and that Antonia girl who stood up during our first assemble were all together, Charlotte looked over and seen me and Lincoln with Barty Sr, she shrieked and then brought her hand up to her mouth to hand a giggle and then tapped and Grace on the shoulder, then pointed at us, she whispered something to her.

"No way!" Grace said louder than even she expected, she walked away peering over with her mouth shaped like a giant O.

"So, you're the other guild that booked the area" the red-haired woman in the big boots had a deep voice, "I am Eleanor Wright, from the impure outlaw, please stay on your side".

Barty Sr put his hand out to shake Eleanor's hand but she had walked off and left him hanging. Lincoln and I looked at each other and raised our shoulders.

"don't go over there boys" Barty sighed. "Before we begin we will have a little talk, I can imagine both of you are wondering why I offered to talk you on".

Lincoln and I both nodded.

"During Halloween I witnessed you both take on a minotaur without hesitation, you worked together without speaking, I was very impressed".

"Thank you," I said.

"Thanks," Lincoln said,

"If you're wondering, I know that you both don't get along with my sons, kids will be kids because that being said I didn't get along with your father and uncle in school, but I believe I can teach you both well this week, any questions?"

"Why didn't you like them?" Lincoln asked.

"a few things, we didn't see eye to eye, different school teams, competing for internships that type of stuff".

"Why did you chase after me on Halloween?" I asked. Lincoln's neck spun so fast I heard a click and he groaned in pain.

"You jumped to my son's defence against a minotaur before you realised it was you they were after you, and then saved all the children who were dressed as werewolves, what type of mad would I be if I didn't try to help".

"Fair enough good answer," Lincoln said, rubbing his neck.

"What are you going to teach us?" I don't know why I'm being so straightforward with Barty, I guess he just seems like the type of guy who will be honest with me.

"I plan to teach you to create space and time for you both in a battle, you both have spells that need a few seconds to be performed so creating time is ideal, Lincoln you have your inferno spell, from what I see and heard, you store the magic in your arms and when firing you twist your arm like a boxer would a punch that creates the spin". Lincolns mouth quickly opened and then shut again, he looked incredible puzzled. I am too if that is true how did he know all of that? "Something you might not know is, that the rookie royale, is filmed, I take it you never looked up at any point, guild members are scattered in the trees, recording everything for anyone interested, like parents and guilds... your parents will want to see how you done and guilds will want to see how you handled yourself".