01. Not Acknowledging the Greek Gods

NB:Hey y'all...this is the first chapter,so it's kinda long.So please don't be discouraged to read.

There is one sound that everyone despises early in the morning, especially every high schooler.Yep you guessed it, the freaking alarm.I let out a groan as I stretched my hand in order stop that irritating sound.I flopped back onto my bed and my eyelids got a gift from the beautiful,but amazing sun which shone on the glass of my window.I guarded my precious eyes with the back of my hand, groaning yet the second time that day.I've never known myself to be a fan of the morning, especially Monday mornings and the sweet surprises that nature gifts me.Well don't add the alarm but the birds are a negative remedy to my sleepy self.To be honest,the chirping can literally take be back to the clouds...

I get up as my toes play their way through the supper fuzzy foot mat, getting a good massage plus a good stretch.After cracking some numb toes and stretching a bit,I yawn and make my way to my bathroom.I look at myself in the mirror and sarcastically smile at the little nest on my head.I luckily have some strands poking out here and there.I do hate morning hair,but I'm grateful for my long, naturally straight dark brown hair.I totally owe my mom big time.

I turn the shower and allow the water to warm up.As I wait,I grab my toothbrush and give my teeth a good scrub, finally getting rid of the morning breath.I jump into the shower, allowing the water to drop onto my body.After sometime,I grab my vanilla body wash and give myself a few scrubs here and there.Wahing the wash off my body,I debate on whether I wash my hair or not.I go against it since I washed my hair just yesterday.I didn't want to deal with drying and straightening out my hair a bit, although it's already straight.

After a ten minute soak,I step out of the shower,my feet meeting the cold tiles of my bathroom.I grab a towel and wrap it around my body and step out of the bathroom.I walk to my closet,my towel still wrapped tightly around my body and decided to pick an outfit for the day;a white tank top, lightly stripped blue jeans and a pair of white Nike Air's.I walk to my vanity,I plop down on my purple square shaped chair and start doing my make up. I fill in my eyebrows,flash some mascara on my eyelashes and put on some light pink gloss.Checking my appearance one last time,I get up,grab a black sweater from my study chair and wrap it around my waist.I was lucky enough to listen to my thoughts and pack my bag the night before.I quickly make my way to my door.I pulled my hair into a ponytail and walked out of my room..

Shutting my door,I'm welcomed by the smell of bacon and eggs, definitely coming from the kitchen.

Mom and her miracles again...

I jog down the stairs and stop at the last step.My eyes meet my mom who's standing by the stove, flapping a pancake in the air.I guess my senses didn't smell that.She has an apron on,and I could hear faint hums.This is what she loved doing most, making breakfast on Monday mornings,guess she's a morning fellow.I survey my surroundings;my dad is at the dining table,having a sip of his coffee as he read his newspaper,my younger brother Cole,is playing some video game on his phone.

"Good morning"I say as I hop off the last stair.

"Hey Natie"my dad said looking up with a warm smile before he goes back to reading.

"Hey sis"Cole said not looking up.That boy really got some nerves.

I walk up to my mom and hug her from the back"hey sweetie"she said,letting out a little chuckle.

"Hi mom"I say pulling away and sitting on the kitchen island, grabbing a washed apple from the fruit basket which was situated in the middle of the table.

"How was your night?"mom asks, flapping yet another pancake.

"It was good yours?"I ask,taking the second bite of my apple.