Jade decided to sneak a peak outside of the carriage. Being sure that her face was covered and no one could see inside.

One of the things she looks forward to once she arrived at the palace was being able to change out of the pure white garments that she wore. It felt almost fraudulent for herself to be wearing them.

Well she did not have time in her past life for friendships let alone romantic relationships or sexual ones. There were other things that she had done and her past life that would count as her no longer being considered pure in this one made her feel weird to have to dawn the white hanfu and vail.

Thankfully when she is in the cover of the palace and the dorm like space she'll be living it until she takes the first test she will be able to change to something a bit more colorful. Putting in into the back of her mind that she might have to reevaluate the outfits that the original had brought along and maybe possibly find a tailor or someone to make her a few more garments with whatever money she makes while living in the palace.

She finally decided to take in the beauty of the city that laid out before her.

The street that they were almost clearly one of the lower ones but it was beautiful compared to the memories that she has of the town that she originally grew up in

The buildings were tall and the roads paved with stone. Family and friends walking the streets stopping at the many stalls that sold food fabrics and other goods. She was even able to spot a few bars along the way luxuries that did not exist in the small countryside town that she lived in.

Comparing that if her memories to this was fascinating for jade. The OG having lived in a fairly small 20 house town. Every one of the houses being on the smaller side being made up of nothing more than four rooms the main room / kitchen a bathroom and two small bedrooms.

No matter how big the families were or the number of people who live there every house was exactly the same. Every family owned some plot of land where they either raised cattle or grew crops they lived off of the barter system except for when those out of town would come by and then they would be charged and silver Gold and Jade.

Silver and gold being equivalent to a dollar and 20 well Jade that was stuff you wanted to get. Green Jade which was more common but was worth enough for one to move to the main city and get a two story house and still be able to stock up on food and fabric to last a month's worth of clothing and meals. All with one green jade coin.

Next there was red jade. This was enough for you to move until the inner parts of the main city. You'd be able to buy a two-story house enough food and clothing for a month along with being able to buy land to plant things on or raise cattle. Not to mention having food raised or grown in the main city automatically meant that one would be able to sell it for a lot more those in the outer city will buy it for more Green Jade coins and those outside of the city wouldn't even be able to afford it that's how high the quality would be let alone the fact that it came from a place so close to the palace.

Then last but not least we're black jade coins and also her new bodies namesake. Black Jade was extremely rare and hard to come by and the coins made from it we're only ever seen mainly used by higher ups in the palace. Outside of the Royal family officiants advisors and personal servants were the only other people able to use black jade coins.

One black jade coin you would be able to buy an entire three city blocks if you wanted to. You would be able to afford several restaurants numerous homes and as much food and cloth to be able to make yourself and your family enough clothes to last you 5 years. And I'm not talking about basic cough I mean the finest of the finest silks to even receive one black jade coin is a blessing.

Of course most officiants and servants directly tied to the emperor and his family rarely ever use them though. As everything is normally taken care of by the palace and when it is not one does not go around buying things with black jade for there's nothing worth it unless you buy and excess amount of it or you're planning on taking over a few businesses.

No mainly one keeps one to five coins depending on how high up they are in the palace tied together with a tassel. Pinning it onto their clothing for when they leave the palace grounds. That way thieves know better than to try and rob you because the palace would indeed go looking for you if you were to go missing or turn up dead. Others around you from workers to common folk would know to respect you you'd be able to walk into any store that you want any restaurant that you want and be given the highest quality of service because they know that if one person with one black jade coin came in and the service was good others would start to flock to that area. And the higher the number of coins the better.

If enough five coin workers come there is a elevated possibility of the emperor and empress appearing in your restaurant maybe even a few of the princes. Once that happens they normally bring with them a seal of approval a scroll written in their very own handwriting claiming this place to be up to par for royals alike. It then gives you permission to skyrocket the price of every and anything that you're selling along with creating such a buzz in height that there is always that slim 1% chance that they might be there in the same day that someone from the royal family decides to dine at the very same establishment.

Jade was gunning for that 5 Black Jade status. Clearly Daiyu had no such goal just wanting to become a female officiant and be her own person. But why just be free when you can aim for almost absolute freedom second best to that of the royal family.

As she sat back looking out of the window and around she was unaware of someone else watching her back.

"Well Bingwen it seems your pupil has made it."