Chapter 7 - Arrival

((Note: Don't forget to VOTE this chapter if you enjoy this chapter <3))
-This chapter is much longer than the previous ones.

Warning: The following chapter contains content that may not be suitable for all ages groups. Reader's discretion is advised. Swearing 

Dictionary: Word that will appear later in this chapter, and this story. 

Elea: This word in in replacement for the word God. You might see a character say, "Oh my Elea," or "In Elea's name." Which would be "Oh my God," or "In God's Name..." This will be included more in depth in the upcoming chapters <3

☆ ☆ ☆

Alina walked along the cobblestone streets bathed in a soft, ethereal light that cast the village in a gentle glow. The village was nestled amongst rolling hills that were blanketed in mist. The stillness was only interrupted by the rustling of leaves in the slightest breeze. It was as if the village was frozen in time.

A flock of birds flew overhead, their chattering and fluttering wings shattering the previously tranquil atmosphere. Alina watched as the birds danced and weaved overhead. Their cries were sharp and jarring against the subtle backdrop of the village.

Further down the winding streets, Alina stumbled to the wooden docks that jutted out into a shallow harbor. There seemed to be a large vessel, roped to the docks. It was a sleek, yet sturdy vessel with a rich mahogany finish that glimmered. The boat was adorned with intricate carvings along its edges.

As Alina admired the boat, a merchant stumbled off the gangplank onto the dock. He was rugged-looking with a dirty blond mane that hung unkempt around his face, and a scruffy beard completing the picture. He clutched a cigar in one hand, and by the harried look on his face, it seemed like he'd had a rough voyage. As he made his way down the pier, his eyes darted around in annoyance, Alina. couldn't help but stare.

Eren was waiting close by, and gave the merchant a warm and friendly greeting to him along with a respectful bow. The merchant, however, barely acknowledged him, casting a bored glance at the guard before turning his attention elsewhere.

"Hello good sir, you are the one I am assuming is the merchant who's here to see our town?"
The merchant looked around, "This is yer' docks? Tck, they need a lotta work. Tck, and there is so many tree's coverin' yer land. Bet nobody can see a damn thing in the night. Tck."

"Ah-," Eren put a hand behind his head, "Well you see good sir, the docks are still a work in progress. We're- uh, hastily enhancing our village."

"Tck, and who are ye, lad. What's ya name?" Even in the midst of asking a question the merchant was looking around bored.'

"Ah, yes, I apologize for not introducing myself. My name is Eren, I am the head-guard of Finity. It is a pleasure to meet you sir..."

"Tck, Sir will do." He responded.

"I... I see, well then. May I offer to be your guide around our village. You will find the inside much more intriguing then our dock I presume," Eren asked.

The merchant however spoke with a rugged tone, "I've seen enough." He then spat a thick ball of saliva to the ground.

Eren gazed with disgust at the sight and shiver ran down his spine as he persisted, "It would be a waste to come so far just to leave so soon. H-How about I at least show you a few of our finest shops or taverns sir?"

The merchant's gaze had drifted off to a maiden in the distance, and his eyes darted shamelessly over her form. "I've had a change of heart, perhaps so, lead the way boy." The merchant drawled on with a yawn and, rolled his eyes unamused, once again Eren saw the quick glance the merchant had made and Eren's hand bawled into a fist. With his other hand however he motioned for the merchant to follow him as he began walking through the cobblestone path. "This way, sir."