Chapter Eight

Spike kept trying to get through the cave's entrance to grab them, but couldn't. It banged the cave's walls, making it crumble. The more it tried to get in, the more the cave started to crumble. Pebbles fell on top of them.

Branch: WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!! NOW!!!

They all took a run for it through the cave as more rocks fell on the ground. More rocks came from behind them. They came across two tunnels ahead.

JD: WHICH TUNNEL SHOULD WE TAKE!?!

Spruce: LEFT!!! 👈

Clay: NO RIGHT!!! 👉 RIGHT IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!  

Floyd: THAT'S NOT ALWAYS TRUE!!! 😐

Branch: LET'S GO SEPARATE WAYS!!

Everyone: WHAT!?! 😧😧😧😧😧

Branch: CLAY, JD, AND FLOYD, YOU GO RIGHT WHILE ME, POPPY, AND SPRUCE WILL GO LEF—

Before he could finish his sentence, the rocks from behind seemed to be falling faster behind them. Branch used his hair to push JD, Floyd, and Clay to the right side of the path.

Branch: JUMP!!

Branch, Poppy and Spruce jumped through the left path before the rocks filled up the tunnel's hole. Branch coughed, helping out Poppy and Spruce up. Rocks blocked them from behind. They were trapped. The only path they had was ahead of them.

Branch: Is everyone okay? 

Poppy: CLAY? FLOYD? JD?

Spruce: BROS!!!

JD: Can you hear me?

Branch: Yes!!

Clay: We are okay...well, except for Floyd.

Floyd: (Breathes quickly) Oh, no, not again. I can't be trapped AGAIN!!! 😨😨😨😨

Spruce: Take a deep breath. (Inhales and exhales)

Branch: He can't see you, bro. 😒

Spruce: Oh. I knew that. 😇😇

Floyd: I'M REALLY FREAKING OUT YOU GUYS!!! 😱😱😱😱

JD: It's okay....we're going to be okay....

Floyd: THIS FEELS LIKE I'M BACK IN THE DIAMOND PRISON!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Clay: Don't worry, you're not in it....we are in the cave.

Branch: Guys, is there a path where you are at?

Clay: Yes, we can just walk forward.

Branch: Floyd...can you at least walk?

Floyd: .....

JD: They can't see you shake your head, Floyd. 😕

Poppy: Don't worry, Floyd...everything's going to be alright. If we just keep moving forward, we will get through this. Come on, guys, let's help Floyd out.

Spruce: How?

Floyd: Oh, we'll never get out of here!

Poppy: Never?

Branch faced Poppy who gave him a smile. Deep inside and thanks to his intuition, Branch felt like a song was about to come, but would singing really help Floyd out?

Poppy: 💖 Never say Never 💖

She danced around Branch, Spruce followed her moves, and the music seemed to be playing from the other side of them, which Branch assumed that JD had played the music, which echoed loudly.