Chapter Nine

Clay: (Makes a noise as if they are going to heaven) 😇😇😇😇😇😇

Branch squinted at the light, walking ahead to find them at Troll Forest, except it was filled with lots of mushroom-like trees. Obviously there were mushrooms everywhere, and there were still green-like trees and bushes too.

Poppy: I told you we would get through that! 😁

Floyd: Oh thank goodness! I thought I would never see light again! 😅

Spruce: Phew, we made it. 😅

Everyone cheered, except for Branch who pulled out a map out from his hair. He went around in circles, shaking his head.

JD: What's wrong? 🤨

Branch: Guys...we've got to go back. At least go around the cave.

Everyone: WHAT!?! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Poppy: But wouldn't it take longer?

Branch: Not if we run.

Spruce: BUT I'M TIRED OF RUNNING!!!!! 😫😫😫😫

JD: Yeah! Why can't we just go forward?

Branch: NO!! THAT WILL TAKE LONGER TOO! PLUS, THAT'S NOT HOW I PLANNED IT!!!

Clay: DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO GO YOUR PLAN??? 

Branch: YES!!! 😤😤😤

JD: Hey, hey, break it up, you two! Look, Bitty B, it would take longer either direction we go, even if we ran. BUT I bet if we go forward, we can at least make it maybe....halfway? If not, we can get up early in the morning and move on...what do you say?

Branch stared at each of his brothers and at Poppy. Poppy let out her hand out. JD put out his hand on top of hers, Spruce went next, Clay and Floyd joined in too. They all stared at Branch who frowned at them. JD gave out a pout face. Branch raised an eyebrow at him. That face. Oh, it didn't look right for the eldest brother to do this, but it caught his attention for sure. For one second, Branch felt like laughing, but he pressed his lips and held his breath. Soon, Spruce, Floyd, and Poppy joined JD, and Clay did too, though he whimpered like a Cuddle pup.

Branch: But I don't want to...but... (takes a long deep breath and walks toward them, putting his hand on top of Floyd's hand) 😤😤😤😤

Poppy: On three: One, two, three...

Everyone: TEAM CAMPING!!! 😄

Branch: Team camping... 😒

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

They had been walking through the Mushroom territory for two hours as sunset had arrived, which made Branch edgy. According to his watch, it was 6:13 pm. He faced the others: JD kept stopping and going, Poppy kept singing about smores, Spruce kept crinkling his nose, Clay yawned multiple times, and Floyd? Well, he was Branch's main focus for most of the hike to which he had been quiet for the past hour and a half. Not only that, Floyd had been running his hands through his left side bang multiple times, looking down at his feet and bouncing on his toes while walking.

Branch: We could keep going, but by the look of my brothers and my girlfriend...it doesn't look like they can't take another step. Guys...We should camp here for the night.

Poppy: Really? We can...stop??? 😲😲

Branch: Yes.... 😓

Clay, Spruce, Poppy, and JD put their backpacks on the ground and sat on the grass, thanking him out loud. Floyd put down his backpack, still standing. After five minutes of sitting down, JD stood again.