Chapter Twelve

Branch woke up to the sound of.....the "Boogie Wonderland" song by Earth, Wind & Fire. What the what? Yes. He couldn't detect the sound of the beeping alarm bug.

Branch opened his eyes, sat up and groaned as he forced himself awake. He looked around for where the music was coming from, but it was nowhere to be found. The alarm was gone too. The song continued to play as Spruce and  Floyd groaned. JD kept on snoring away. Clay had his back turned, lying down while there was a big lump inside Poppy's sleeping bag. 

Branch: Poppy must be still asleep. (Claps hands) Time to get up, guys...

JD: Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...... 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Floyd: It's morning already? 😖😖😖😖

Spruce: Mmmmmmm....what is up with the song playing in the background? 😴😴

Clay: ......

The song continued to play as Floyd and Spruce slowly got up while JD kept snoring. Spruce got up, took off the eye mask, moved his shoulders and started to sing.

Spruce: 💜 The mirror stares you in the face (grabs his mirror) and says "Baby, uh, uh— 💜 (Screams) WHO DID THIS TO MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!?!

Spruce faced Branch. A black marking that was drawn into a mustache was on his face. 

Branch: (Snickers) 🤭🤭🤭🤭

Floyd: (Giggles) Oh my....it wasn't us. We just woke up.

Spruce: Well, then, who did—wait a minute....

Clay moved a bit, but quickly stopped. Spruce faced him and used his pillow to hit him.

Spruce: YOU BROCCOLI HEAD!!! I KNOW YOU'RE NOT ASLEEP!!! 😤😤😤😤

Clay: 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 HEY, WHO ARE YOU CALLING BROCCOLI HEAD!?! AND YES, I ADMIT IT...I DID IT. And don't worry, it's washable.  Actually I PRANK YOU TOO BRANCH!!! I replaced that annoying alarm with this song, which I borrowed your Mp3 player, Floyd. (Gives it back to Floyd)

Floyd: Heeey.......you didn't ask. Oh, no it's 48%. Thanks, Clay. 😒

Branch: Okay, where's the alarm bug?

Clay: In my backpack. 😅

Clay opened his backpack as a mild beeping noise came from inside of it. When he pulled it out, the alarm bug beeped so loudly that Spruce, Branch, and Floyd covered their ears. Poppy was still in her sleeping bag and JD kept snoring. Branch shook his head to himself as Clay gave him the alarm bug back and he turned it off. Why did he believe him that he would wake up from that alarm? 

Branch crawled over to Poppy's sleeping bag while Spruce wiped his face off with a baby wipe, Floyd clenched his stomach, slowly getting out of his sleeping bag, wrapping it while Clay kept laughing.

Branch: Rise and shine, Sleeping beau— (pulls blanket)

Poppy was gone. Only two pillows were inside her sleeping bag.

Clay: HA! GOTCHA AGAIN!!! THE OLD PILLOW TRICK ALWAYS WORKS!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Branch: THAT'S NOT FUNNY, CLAY!!! WHERE'S POPPY!?! 😤

Clay: Calm down, Mr. Overprotective. She went berry-picking, which we decided to do this prank on you, so she approved it.

JD: 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴