Chapter XI

Eren POV

The following morning it was Saturday,  so Lyrus and Jake don't have  class.

I woke up quite late today. The day is just starting but I already feel exhausted, but being a mother I need to get up and prepare the kids needs.

After preparing myself, I checked the kids rooms to see if they're awake, and fortunately they are not yet awake.

So I hurriedly went to the kitchen and prepared their breakfast before waking them up.

I was unaware that aside from the kids there is still one person present in the house.

I went to Jake and Aiden's room to wake them up first, which is thank goodness everything is peaceful and the two woke up nicely.

Then next, I went to Lyrus' room to wake him up.

When I open the door and check inside he is still sleeping, slowly I walk to his bed and shake him up gently.

"What? Stop shaking me, I want to sleep more." He said irritation can be heard from his voice.

"Honey, wake up it's nine in the morning, breakfast is ready. Come on, Lyrus." I said as gently as a possible to avoid waking him up in displeasure.

Lyrus opened his eyes and looked at me straight and shouted.

"CAN'T  YOU UNDERSTAND? I SAID I WANTED TO SLEEP MORE! AND TODAY IS SATURDAY! ARE YOU STUPID? I DON'T NEED TO WAKE UP EARLY AND EAT BREAKFAST! IF YOU WANT TO EAT THEN EAT BY YOURSELF! NOW GET OUT OF MY ROOM AND STOP BOTHERING ME!" Lyrus said with gritted teeth.

"Ok, ok young man. You don't have to be so angry early in the morning." I said defeated.

Usually I don't mind whatever Lyrus said to me but this time I just can't ignore it. I feel so suffocated and I had a hard time to breathe so I lean on wall for support.

Then tears started to fall from my eyes one by one. I know I should not take it seriously but this time I just can't.

I cried for awhile and forced myself to stop crying because I still need to take care of the two kids.

I went to the dining area with Jake and Aiden both on my sides and served them their food.

After we eat, just like the usual schedule every Saturday, the kids plan to have their movie day.

When suddenly Jake asked me, "Mama is daddy not home yet?"

"I'm sorry honey, I think daddy's not home yet." I answered him and tried to divert his attention to the screen.

After awhile for whatever reason Jake and Aiden started to have an argument which I try to reconcile immediately, thankfully they stop  the  argument.

A little while longer they started to bicker again.

I don't know why all of a sudden I run out of patience and raise my voice to reprimand the two.

"ARE YOU NOT GOING TO STOP BICKERING? HAVEN'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAID? STOP ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER AND FOCUS ON THE MOVIE!"

I said in one breath and when I came to my senses and look at the two kids, they looked shocked by what I did.

It was the first time for almost three years I'm with them to raise my voice at them, no matter what the situation was before I never raise my voice. I addressed things calmly and peacefully.

Then their eyes began to reddened and tears started falling from both their eyes and Jake began to sob at first lowly then it becomes loud and when Aiden saw his brother cry and sob he too began to cry loudly.

Things began to escalate from there. As I was apologizing for what I just did and said to the  kids I suddenly felt chill run down my spine and felt a deadly glare from behind me. Which rendered me frozen on the spot.

Then all of a sudden I heard a very  cold and full of controlled angry voice behind me.

"What did you just do with my kids? Did you just shout at them?" He slowly walk from where he come towards us and look at me fiercely like an angry lion ready to kill its enemy.

"Ja...ja...Jackson i...it was n...not what it seems like. I...I...I can explain" I tried saying with stutter but Jackson did not allow me to continue speaking.

"It doesn't look like that to me. Hahaha..." he laughed without humor.

"Is this how you usually behave behind my back? Is this how you called "disciplining my kids" if I'm not around huh? Who give you the authority to shout at my kids, huh?" He said taunting me.

"N...no Jackson,  I just got carried away by my emotions suddenly" I once again tried to explain to him but he cut me shortly.

"Kids come here to daddy. Daddy's here you don't need to be scared anymore." He called Jake and Aiden to his side. And the boys went to him immediately while still crying and  sobbing and hug him tightly not looking at me anymore. 

Then he looked at me fiercely and said word for word "GET. OUT. OF. MY. FACE. RIGHT. NOW."

Since he said to get lost I obey immediately to lessen the tension on the room and proceed to my room and run to my bed to seek comfort from it.

I felt suffocated by the happenings. I don't know why I suddenly lost control of my emotions and acted that way to the kids. Guilt is eating me out. I feel totally confused of myself.

I didn't notice how many times, since I woke up, I felt suffocated and the emotional roller coaster is unimaginable.

I felt like crying my eyes out and felt like shouting to at least lessen the pain and the guilt and lastly I felt like dying from self blame especially when I remembered how Jake and Aiden froze from shock for what I did and then cried pitifully.

This time, all the negative thoughts and emotions are eating me out and I don't know what to do anymore.

☆☆☆

Hello to you, thank you for reading this story!💙💙💙

It's almost at the ending since it is a short story.🙂🙂🙂

Hope your enjoying it.😘😘😘