Chapter XVII

At the hospital

The machine continuously made noise and alarmed the doctor and nurses that were inside the room.

"Doc, the patient's heart beat stops..."

"Hurry up, bring in the defibrillator to revive the patient heart beat..."

Everyone inside the room were very busy doing their best to attend to the woman lying on the bed.

******

I don't know for how long I been here in this place but I can not say I'm bored, in fact, I actually enjoy being here with my baby.

I just want to stay in this place, enjoy the peace and quietness with my baby, with nothing to worry, no problem to face and I'm contented with it.

******

At this moment inside the patient's room, the heart monitor gives off a monotonous sound and then showed a complete flat line.

The doctor shook his head and declared, 21:43 time of death then cover the person's face.

When the couple heard what the doctor said they both wailed and the woman fainted once again.

"My good child, why, why, why?
Why did you leave us?" The mother asked while she's crying after gaining consciousness.

*********
Third Person POV

After that time, Jackson didn't bother to get any news of what happened next to Eren and just continue to do his own business and tried to take care of his children.

Almost everyday he deal on how to convince his two sons about Eren, that she will not return anymore.

Then after a while, Jake and Aiden consecutively got sick and was rushed to the hospital.

Jackson who was already stress from work had to stay at the hospital for few days to watch at his sons condition.

Jake caught flu while going back from school and Aiden just got infected, but because Aiden has a weak immune system due to lacked of nourishment because of constantly looking for his mama to feed him.

They stay at the hospital for three days and was discharge after that.

When they arrived at home. Everything goes back to normal but the kids still looking for Eren even Lyrus start missing Eren.

Lyrus felt something big is missing in their life.

One night, he went to his father's study room and wanted to speak to his father.

"Hello dad. Dad can I say something?"

"Go ahead son."

"You keep saying Eren will not be back anymore, but aren't you two were married? Why is she not coming home? Did you two got separated now dad?"

Jackson looked at his son and sigh.

"About that son, yes we already got divorced so she's really not coming back here anymore." Jackson said calmly.

"But why didn't you tell us about that matter dad? Don't you think that's a big deal? Didn't you consider Jake and Aiden's reaction and how it will affect them?

And how it will also affect me...." Lyrus said as he whispered the last sentence to himself.

"Son, know that I made that decision for the good of you and your brothers."

"Dad can you at least give Jake and Aiden a chance to see Eren even just for a while, just to pacify and satisfy them for a while then ask let her to explain the matter to them and let her convince them of your separation? Will you do that dad?" Lyrus said while controlling himself from an unknown emotion to burst out.

"That son, let me think about it. Last time when I went to talk to her it didn't end well. And I don't even know what to say to them after I told them we don't need her in our lives anymore. So please understand son." Jackson said to his son.

"So that's how it was. It's ok dad, I understand. I'm just really concern about Jake and Aiden.

Thank you for listening to me dad. Good night dad!" Lyrus said then left his dad's study.

After his son left, Jackson occupied his mind with different thoughts on how to approach Eren and her family.

He realized that what Lyrus said is true. He should have told them about his divorce with Eren, so they had prepared themselves on how to live without her in their lives and not like this current situation.

As he thought this he hold his temples to ease the pain he had been feeling for the past few days and let go a deep and long sigh.

'It was more than half a year that I have no contact with her. Maybe I should contact her first and ask if I can visit her in their house sometime and ask her to help me explain to my boys our situation.'

Jackson thought to himself and look at his watch but saw the time that it is quarter to twelve and decided to just contact her tomorrow because she might be asleep now.

Then he stand up from his seat and went to his room to take his rest.

********

In the Green family house.

The old couple decided to sell their house in this city and return to their old home in the countryside.

"Hon, should we inform our children that we will be selling this house and return to our old house and live there permanently?" The woman said to her husband.

"I think you're right honey. We should inform them of our decision for them to be aware of what's going on in our lives." The husband replied to his wife.

Then everything was done immediately and the old couple was back to their old house in the countryside.

*********

The following day.

Jackson went to his office earlier than usual because he planned to contact Eren.

He took his phone and dialed Eren number but the call cannot be connected.

He frown in displeasure. 'Why can't I connect the call? Did that woman block my number?' He asked himself and showed a dissatisfied expression.

'Alright since I can't contact you then don't blame me for coming at your door unannounced.' He said to himself and left his office but without telling his assistant of cancelling all his appointments in the morning.

******

Jackson just stopped at the front gate of the Green's home but hesitates to press the doorbell.

He's thinking that it is only his second time that he went to this place and feel somewhat uncomfortable to continue but he hardened his resolve to talk to Eren this time.

Then he press the doorbell but it was already few minutes but no one is coming out.

It was one of the neighbors that came out and told him that it was almost a month that the owner of the house left.

"Ma'am may I ask if you have any idea where they went?" Jackson asked hoping that the lady can give him some answer.

But the lady shook her head and said she had no idea where they went.

When he heard this, he got a little bit lost for a while and don't know what to do.

'What the... what should I do now? I don't have any idea on where they are now.' He thought to himself while walking back to his car and said thank you to the woman.

'What should I do now?'

Feeling lost he thoughtlessly sit on his car, staring at nothing.

☆☆☆☆☆

Hello everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone!🌲💖🎉

Here's an update for you.😁😁😁

Though I felt it was a bland Chapter.
🥴🥴🥴

But still I hope you enjoyed it.😉😉😉

Until next chapter...😘😘😘