Crossroad Carnival

Dragons Rising: Season 1 Episode 3

Word count: 2,9k

Warning: maybe some language

(In the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Arin, Sora, Y/N, B/N and Riyu sleep. Suddenly, Lloyd bursts in.)

Lloyd: Rise and shine! Time to train!

Arin: What ... Not just a dream! It really is my first day of ninja training! Yes! Awesome! Maximum awesome!

Y/N: Looks like someone's ready for the day.

Sora: It's the crack of dawn.

Lloyd: I know. I thought I'd let you all sleep in for your first week. Meet me in the courtyard in ten minutes.

Sora: "Sleep in"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Arin and Riyu do push ups in the courtyard.)

Sora: (She yawns.) Why are we training way up here?

Y/N: We're becoming ninja to help people. Shouldn't we be around ... people? Y'know, like in the ?

Arin: You both just wanna go to the crossroad carnival , don't you?

Sora: Well, duh. Don't you? We've never, ever missed one.

Arin: True. And I was determined to win the pie-baking contest this year. wins every time. I've been perfecting my recipe all year. (He sighs.)

B/N: Yeah, and your pies still tastes so yummy, it makes me hungry.

Y/N: Let's ask Lloyd if we can go.

Lloyd: Go where?

Sora: The Crossroads Carnival, where everyone from the combined lands celebrates their traditions.

Y/N: There's a ton of food and games and a huge fireworks show by this fireworks genius named Dorama.

Arin: Plus, a pie-baking competition. It's super fun!

B/N: And delicious. (Y/N giggled at her hungry brother)

Lloyd: It does sound fun. But it also sounds like a distraction from something even more fun. Training!

Sora: What are we supposed to train on? There's nothing here!

Lloyd: Ah, to become a ninja, you must see potential where others do not. (He strikes the ground and the mechanisms begin to shift, but it gets stuck halfway.) What? This always worked when Master Wu did it! Oh, it's a whole big impressive reveal!

Sora: Sounds like your mechanisms haven't been maintained.

B/N: Looks like it, when junk gets into gears, it can ruin everything. When did you last clean 'em?

Lloyd: I was supposed to be doing that? Uh, maybe if I — Aaah! (He seemingly falls down, but reappears on structures rising from the ground.) The training course

Arin: So cool!

Lloyd: One more thing! You must complete the course before I finish my tea. (He sips from a cup, but spits the tea out.) Oh, I burnt the tea. I didn't even know that was possible! I can't drink this. How do I time your performance now?

Y/N: Why were you gonna time us with a cup of tea anyways?

Lloyd: I had the best teacher, my uncle. Master Wu. That's how he did it. (He approaches a portrait of Wu.) As your teacher, I wanna do everything like he did. That's why I come here and kneel on his favorite old meditation carpet, and ponder how to be just like him. It's also why I grew this beard!