The Last Djinn

Dragons Rising: Season 1 Episode 14

Word count: 3,7k

Warning: Mild language and funny :)

(Two dragons fly in circles above the dragon stables in the Monastery. Inside, Zane studies the portal gate while Christina reads a scroll about the dragon cores.)

Christina: Any luck about the portal gate Zane?

Zane: Perhaps a higher frequency can elicit a response corridor. What is your assessment? (He turns to a photo of P.I.X.A.L. taped to the wall beside him and sighs making Christina turn to him confused.) You are right. The odds of activating the portal gate through frequency spanning is low.

Christina: Um Zane, I know missing Pixal is hard, but maybe you can start talking to me instead of a photo.

(Mr. Frohicky runs into Christina while carrying a bucket of ice and a fan. He yelps and loses his balance. Christina catches him.)

Zane: Oh! Apologies, Mr. Frohicky. We did not hear you arrive.

Mr. Frohicky: I was being super quiet. (The ice block falls out of the bucket and topples down the stairs. Mr. Frohicky yelps and runs after it.) I did not want to disturb... (He trips on a stair.) Oof, oh! Whoever you were speaking about. (He yelps as he drops the ice again.)

Zane: P.I.X.A.L. She went missing when the Merge happened.

(Mr. Frohicky grabs the sliding ice block with his tongue and walks up the stairs to Zane.)

Mr. Frohicky: (Slurred.) Ah. Talking to a picture? That's totally normal.

Christina: (Sarcastic) Yea totally normal.

Frohicky: (He unsticks his tongue from the ice block.) Oh! Please tell me the picture doesn't talk back.

Zane: It does not. I find talking as if she were still here helps me solve problems... Like the problem of activating this portal gate again.

Mr. Frohicky: You've both been so busy with that gate I figured you would need some extra ice and air.

Zane: Why would I possibly need ice?

Christina: And why the heck would I need a fan?

Mr. Frohicky: You're both the Ice and wind Ninja, right? I'm sure you need a lot of it to keep your powers ready at all times.

Zane: I am the Elemental Master of Ice. I form it as needed. I do not need extra ice to replenish my powers. (He creates another block of ice on top of the one in Mr. Frohicky's bucket.)

Christina: And I'm the Elemental Master of wind. I can create and manipulate the ways the wind moves. (She makes a small tornado of wind)

Mr. Frohicky: Oh. This is kind of embarrassing, then. Let's pretend this never happened, shall we? (He leaves, muttering to himself.) What were you thinking? Worst Assistant Monastery Keeper ever. Oh, Mother was right!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Nya, Sora, B/N and Riyu traverses the underground tunnel.)

Sora: Are these tunnels getting smaller? I swear they're getting smaller.

(Riyu, with a boobytrap spear in his mouth, whimpers at the darkness.)

B/N: Sure, this ancient tomb is not exactly the safest place we've been...

(They see a skeleton on the spike wall.)