27

We were in front of the office and he didn't let go of me until the police came, running down the hall.

'Excuse us, are you the ones who called?' The officer asked, pulling our attention to them.

'Yes, sir.' Jimin nods. 'You might need to call an ambulance.'

'Why?'

'Because the man who tried to rape her is on his last breaths inside of this office.' Jimin stated it like it's the most normal thing

The officer nodded at the other 2 officers who were with him, and they walked past us and into the office.
It hasn't been a minute when we heard one of them calling over the radio for the ambulance.

'A man, early 40s, multiple injuries. Nose, jaw, ribs, both hands, one arm, rib or possible multiple rib breaks. Breathing but unconcious. We need ambulance stat.'

Jimin didn't seem bothered in the slightest. He was still gently holding his arm around my shoulders, not even batting and eye over the injuries they just named. The officer on the other hand looked stunned.

'That's uh... Quite a few breaks. Would you both mind giving us your statements?'

'Of course.' Jimin nodded, speaking for both of us. By now, I stopped shaking and crying, but I still felt like absolute shit.

The asked me all sorts of questions, and I told him everything I could. How it all happened and everything that he did before today. All the pressure and all the times he kept inviting me to dinner. Although they mostly focused on today's happenings.

While I was still giving my statement, the ambulance came in and they took Hoolin out on the medical bed, attaching the oxygen mask to his face as they rolled him down the hall. Jimin barely even glanced, and then acted like he hadn't seen a thing.

'I'm going to need your statement, too, sir.' The officer spoke to Jimin, and he nodded, and then answered a series of questions much like me.

'Before we move further, I do have to explain that we can't exactly excuse what you just did, sir.' The officer spoke to Jimin. 'It wasn't a self-defense. These could be classed as battery charges. We understand why you have done it, but it-'

'That's alright.' Jimin cut him off. 'I understand. Do what you must.'

The officer closed his book, where he was writing it all down and put it in his pocket, sighing deeply. 'We will need you to come down to the station later, whenever you're ready. And off the record, I would have done the same.' He bowed his head to Jimin and left

'Let's go home, baby. You need to clean up.' He gently kissed me on the hair, and we made our way out.

The entire thing seemed like a crazy dream or a nightmare.

But what scared me the most was Jimin. I have never seen someone so angry. He was truly not going to stop. If I wasn't there, I wonder what would have happened.

But even that aside... I almost got assaulted.

I looked at the mirror in my bathroom, and I really looked terrifying.

The shower was possibly the longest one I've ever had. I scrubbed myself as much as I could from all the blood, except for my hand, which was tended to at the building by the medical team. They closed my wound and wrapped it up.

I put the clothes in a bag to give them to the police if they needed it for evidence or such. But they said there was more than enough for him to go to prison.

I got out of the shower to find Jimin shirtless in my kitchen, washing the blood stains off his shirt on my kitchen sink.

'Hey.'