The Dragon Rider

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

We ride in a tense silence, Hiccup's knuckles white as he tightly grips the saddle with a set scowl, his jaw clenched.

"Hiccup?" I softly call, making him tense up before he sighs heavily.

He screams in frustration, punching at the air and laying back on Toothless as he jumps.

(D/N) purrs softly, looking back at me before jerking his head towards Hiccup. I nod, slowly rising to my feet and balancing as I cautiously scoot closer to the side near Hiccup. He flies closer to Toothless, Toothless steadying himself when he notices me and bracing his wing as I step on it.

Hiccup opens his eyes in surprise, jolting up with a gasp as he sees me. I smile softly, moving and sitting behind him as he sighs again, leaning back.

He leans back fully and rests his head on my shoulder, my arms wrapping around his front as he sets a hand on my own. He relaxes slightly, sighing softly.

Toothless rumbles up at us in concern, (D/N) flying a few feet ahead to keep watch.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)," Hiccup says after a moment, rubbing my hand with his thumb. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you or them. I promise."

Toothless grumbles happily, making me smile before I notice (D/N)'s ears fully perked, his scales spiking as he looks back and flies near us with a low hiss.

I follow his gaze, looking to my right before gasping softly at the sight of a masked person.

"H-Hiccup..."

"Aw, come on, Dad! Really?" Hiccup growls, sitting up and turning right before he gasps, tensing when he sees the person.

(D/N) lowly growls in warning, the person's head turning to him before they move their hand, lowering and disappearing in the clouds.

"Okay," Hiccup softly says, looking around as I wrap my arms under his. "No sudden moves."

"(D/N), can you tell where they are?" I question, watching as his eyes narrow and his ears face forward.

He lets out a loud roar, causing Toothless to jerk to a halt as a large dragon screeches and flies up in front of us.

The dragon circles us, the masked person standing on the back of him. Toothless and (D/N) go back to back to guard one another, my grip on Hiccup tightening as I nearly slip off.

Clouds swirl around us, moved by the wind of (D/N) and Toothless' wings as the large dragon comes to a stop, his wings opening and revealing not one, but two sets of wings. The masked person points to us, making Hiccup grunt softly as he reaches an arm back and around me.

"Hold on, hold on," he softly says, staring at the person as I look over his shoulder at them.

The mask covered their expression, their intent unknown to us. (D/N) snarls as I look back, his head jerking as he quickly looks around.

...

.

Third Person P.O.V

The large dragon growls at Toothless, who remains eerily silent as he faces the Dragon.

(D/N) lets out a shriek, making Toothless swiftly look back with wide eyes as (D/N) was grabbed by a larger dragon, his wings pinned.

"No!" (Y/N) yelps before gasping as another dragon swoops down, snatching Hiccup.

Toothless starts spiraling down, (Y/N) barely managing to hold on as her world spun.

"(Y/N)!" Hiccup screams as he watches the two fall with wide eyes, struggling against the dragon.