Comfortable

Just pure fluff :)

This chapter is very dialogue heavy, sorry

Also i didn't really edit this before posting it so it's very.. not good writing  but its fine yk 

Grian POV:

I take my binder off. Bloody hell. Nine hours of wearing that thing does NOT feel good.

I double check to make sure I locked my door. I did. I sit down on the cold floor. I take my phone out and start scrolling on YouTube Shorts, I don't even bother putting my shirt back on.

A while passes and I hear the bathroom door open from outside my room, then close, then a few minutes later open again, then close again. I don't hear any footsteps leaving though.

Seconds pass. A knock on my door. I panic. "One Second!" I yell, my voice cracking. I force my binder back on, put on the same shirt as earlier, throw my phone on the ground and go to open my door.

I start to say,"Tim, if that's you, I have friends over. Just leave—" only to open the door and find Scar. "What— huh? Why are you?" I stammer.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay." He says, almost whispering, "You left for about forty minutes." He looks behind me, the corners of his mouth turn up slightly, "You like Star Wars too?"

Oh, he saw my posters. "Yeah, I do. Why?"

"It's my favorite thing in the whole world!" He exclaims, his smile only getting bigger, "Well, besides the Lion King of course."

I back up and open the door, as if to invite him into my room. I don't know why I did it, but it seemed like a good idea, you know? We are frien- allies after all. It's the least I could do. 

He also looked really uncomfortable after that nerd (Xisuma) left. I wonder what that was all about. 

He walked in hesitantly, and I followed and closed the door. I sit on my bed, and he stays standing. "So." I start, trying to break the awkward silence, and only making it worse, "What other things do you like?" 

"Well, anything Disney related" he says, "I also love cats! I have a cat, her name is Jellie"

"Oh, I have cats too! Their names are Pearl and Maui!" I say.

"Don't you know someone named Pearl?" He asks. Ive gotten that question before. 

"Yes, but the cat came before the person." 

"Ahhh, okay."

...

"I thought you were a bird, though?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I am"

"Then.. shouldn't you hate cats?"

"That's just a myth, most avians don't actually hate cats."

"Oh."

...

"So, uh, sorry for asking but, do you mind telling me how you got detention?" I ask. I don't really want to pry— I'm not that mean— but I am curious. 

He hesitates.

"You don't have to tell me, I was just-"

"Don't tell anyone." He interrupts me. "Oh, well of course not! I may not be great at being a good person, but I'm great at keeping secrets." I try to reassure him, but based on last years events, he probably wouldn't believe me.