Jay Park - Just be my girlfriend

I walked around the small shops. I moved to South Korea a year ago and I haven't been able to fully explore it, due to work and school. The cute items on sale were calling my wallet. I smiled nicely at the lady selling cute hello Kitty things, I bought a few things and finally found a nice cafe to stop and rest. Settling down, I took out my phone and attached the hello kitty strap I had gotten. I smiled and looked up to find a boy outside looking at me. He was out of the cafe, sitting at one of the tables, his mug next to his camera which was all in front of him. He was wearing a beanie, and his blonde and brown hair was spilling out. I frowned and looked away.

         The waitress took my order and walked away. Shortly after she handed me my coffee. "Thank you." I said practicing my korean. She smiled and walked away. I took careful sips and looked into my phone. I could feel someone watching me, so I looked to the side to see the boy outside quickly look away. I sighed, I had to admit he was cute but how weird was it for someone you don't know to be staring at you. I looked away and continued drinking my coffee.

        The waitress came back to see how I was doing, so I took the chance to ask her if she knew who the boy outside was. "Oh, that's Jay. He's a player." She rolled her eyes. "He isn't worth your time. He dated my friend for like a week and then broke up with her out of nowhere." She sighed and looked at him for a moment before continuing. "She later found out he was with another girl." I looked away shocked, I should have known he was a player. I thanked her for the information and stood up, paid for the coffee and walked outside.

 "Excuse me."

       I turned around to see the boy next to me. I sighed and looked at him. "What?" I replied rather rudely. "Hi, I'm Jay. Could I know you're name?" He smiled brightly and my heart melted. His eyes smiled with him. "I..I'm Min Hi." I said. Then I remembered what the waitress said and gave him the cold shoulder again. "Sorry I need to go." I smiled and left. If only he wasn't a player, I'd be so into him, but unfortunately he had to be one.

"Min Hi! You, me.. Party at 8 tonight." My friend said once I met her at her apratment. I sighed and sat on her comfy sofa. "Do i have to? Can't I just crash here and chill." I laughed at her angry expression. "Kidding." I quickly added. "Well I wasn't laughing, now get home, change into something nice and I'll pick you up." She said pulling me out.

         I laughed and went home. I showered, got dressed in a nice dress, did my hair the way I liked and waited for my friend. A honk outside caught my attention, looking out the window, I saw  my friend in her car. I slipped on a leather jacket over my dress and met my friend. "You look really pretty!" She exclaimed. "Thank you, so do you." I smiled."So what party is this?"

"Oh, it's a friends party." She replied. We parked in front of a club looking building. We walked up to the door, my friend handed the guy in front, the invitations and they let us pass. "Woah." I exclaimed at the place. It had a high ceiling, which explains the second floor. The place was already filled with tons of people who were dancing and having a good time. The music played out loudly.

       We sat at a table, ordered drinks and talked before a guy swept my friend away to dance. "Hey!" I looked up to see smiling eyes. Jay...I sighed and placed a fake smile on my face. "Hey." I replied back. "What's wrong? You had the same look on your face the first time I spoke to you." Jay said sitting down where my friend was siting. I looked down. "Sorry, Hi, I'm Min Hi. It's nice to meet you." I  said looking up at him. He smiled, "It's nice to meet you too. I don't mean to sound so straight forward, but you're so pretty and I have to say that I think I like you." Jay smiled and looked at me.

"Ugh, yeah no." I rolled my eyes and walked away from him and to the dance floor. My efforts in trying to lose him were unsuccessful as he followed me. He began to dance around me and I would push him away. I sighed and walked around the dance floor, til I lost him completely. I stopped and smiled and made my way back to the bar to order a new drink.

        As I waited, Jay slipped next to me. "What did I do to make you hate me? You don't know me!" He said looking at me. "The waitress back at the cafe told me all about you. You're a player Jay. I'm not foolish, I'm not looking to get hurt, So, sorry." I turned around and drank my drink. Jay sighed, "Yeah, I've dated a lot of girls, but you're different. I know it. Please just give me one date."

        I sighed and turned back to him. "Just one date."

"Yes! Min Hi be prepared to be swept of your feet." Jay smiled and we continued to talk till it was late. He drove me home and I couldn't stop smiling. Jay turned out to be a sweet guy, he was thoughtful, smart, funny and charming. He didn't seem like a player to me, but then again, players never seem to be like one, but they are.

         Jay and I met at the same cafe as yesterday. I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. He smiled at me as I talked about coming to South Korea. He slowly held my hand from across the table and sipped his coffee slowly. When I asked him questions, he would reply with smart retorts and I had to say that Jay turned out to be everything I liked in a guy.

        We went out on a couple of dates after that. Three months passed with just hanging out with Jay Park. I was still cautious about the whole couple thing with him. I knew he had hurt so many girls before me   but he told me about them all. He explained to me how he was stupid for hurting them, and he regretted all of his bad ways. He also  kept telling me that I was different that I was the girl who has been in his mind all this time.

"Min Hi!!!" Jay yelled at me. I looked up from my shopping to see Jay running up to me, he embraced me and kissed my cheek. "I miss you!" He said as his cheeks turned slightly red. "Hey, I missed you too." I smiled and picked up some random sunglasses and placed them on him. "Very cute." I giggled and took a picture with my phone. Jay smiled and took off the sunglasses and his smile faded.

"Min Hi. I .. wanted to ask you something." Jay said. I looked at him. "What is it?" I put my attention back to the little items for sale. "I want to do this everyday. I want to take silly pictures with you everyday. I want to have long meaningful conversations with you till you know everything about me and whats on my mind. I want to spend all my time with you, so..." He paused and looked at me. "What are you trying to tell me Jay?" I met his gaze.

"What I'm trying to say is... Just be my girlfriend." Jay said with a smile.

       I looked at him. "Are... are you serious?"

      Jay laughed. "Why in the world would you think I wouldn't be so.. what do you say?"

     I smiled and walked up to him. "Of course." I kissed his sweetly and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So off the the store!" Jay announced once we pulled away.

"Why?" I asked with a small giggle.

"To get our couple shirts!" Jay said as he pulled me to a store. I laughed and went along with my now sweet, adorable boyfriend Jay.