Powerless at defending him

managed to drink the milk and eat a few mouthfuls of sandwiches.

Summer finally stopped forcing her when she saw how hard it was for Victoria to take another bite.

She came to sit down after she cleaned up a little. "How do you feel?" she asked. "Feel any better?"

"Yeah."

Summer let out a light cough and tentatively asked, "Should we go back first tomorrow?"

Victoria didn't say anything.

Seeing this, Summer held her hand and announced firmly, "Let's go."

"Okay.."

It was as though Victoria was in a fog now. She needed someone to give her a push no matter what decision she was making.

She then got up and left with Summer.
When they were passing by a corner, Victoria heard a dispute.

A devastated young lady was crying out loud, "But Momma, I like him!"

"Shut your mouth!" The furious and mean voice of a woman yelled in return. "What nonsense are you going on about? Do you not remember what I taught you? Do you understand what I'm saying? You have been tricked by him!"

"Momma.."

"I don't want to see you have any contact with him after this. A poor bum like him isn't worthy of you. You won't be able to find someone good if people knew about him, okay?"

Listening to the woman's threatening voice, the girl lowered her head and
did not speak anymore.

Her eyes were hidden behind her fringe.

Victoria only took a glance before she looked away.

Summer obviously saw that scene as well. After they left the hospital, she couldn't help sighing, "That girl looks like she is only a student. Oh, silly girl." Victoria didn't say anything in reply. Just then, her phone began to vibrate. Summer immediately huddled over when she heard the ringtone go off.

"Your phone is ringing. Is it Alaric? Is he regretting it?"

Seeing the unsaved number on the screen, she asked again, "Who's calling?"

For some reason, Victoria had a feeling she knew who it was when she
saw the phone number.

She only hesitated for a few seconds before she took the call.
"Victoria Selwyn, yes?" A slightly aggressive female voice rang out from
the other end of the call.

This wasn't a voice Victoria was familiar with. "Whom am I speaking to?" she asked in return.

"I am Claudia's friend. I know a little something, and I would like to meet
you to talk about it. I will send you the address through text in a while." The
caller came to a short pause before she chuckled.

"You will come, won't you, Victoria Selwyn?"

She then hung up without waiting for Victoria to answer.

Beep... Beep...

As Victoria didn't put the call on speaker, Summer didn't get to hear what the other woman said.

She could only ask after the call ended. "Who was that? What did they say?"

Victoria had nothing to hide from
Summer.

She took a moment before answering, "Claudia's friend." Summer froze for a second upon hearing that.

"What?" she growled. "What is her friend calling you for?"