Did You Look for Me?

When Victoria received the text message, she subconsciously looked up, coincidentally meeting Alaric's impenetrable black eyes.Alaric was staring at her.

She glanced at him, pursed her lips, and turned her head to ignore him. Her actions rendered Alaric speechless.

Victoria took a look at her phone when she received another message.

'Come over.'

No way. I don't want to.

'You are free to do whatever you want once Grandma has completed the operation. Be good right now and cooperate with me. Didn't you mention that our relationship is built on mutual benefits?'

Victoria finally came to her senses after reading the last sentence. That's right. We are doing this for our own benefit.

We have reached a consensual agreement on this matter. Why am I being so dramatic?

She took a deep breath while reflecting before slowly walking over to Alaric.

Even though she had mentally prepared herself, approaching him was still
difficult for her. When she finally moved to his side, Alaric's face contorted with a dark expression.

He was extremely speechless when he looked at Victoria.

Suddenly, Alaric reached out and grabbed her.

She was taken aback and subconsciously avoided his hand, but she was too slow. Eventually, he caught her.

With a scowl on his face, he drew her hand to his arm and said softly, "Hold my arm."

A heavy silence fell upon them.

Victoria was stunned. I can't believe he said this right in front of Grandma. Albeit reluctantly, she complied with his request; after all, she didn't want to make Griselda worry.

Victoria had no choice but to hold his hand reluctantly.

"Hold on tight and follow me," Alaric said, exhaling a sigh of relief and turning away helplessly. "Alright," she responded impatiently.

Griselda, who had been sitting in front of them silently, finally chuckled and asked, "Did you two reconcile?"

"Grandma?"

"He didn't come with you today, so I have a feeling something is wrong. You two have always visited me in pairs ever since I was in the nursing home."

Victoria lowered her gaze and pursed her lips as she heard this. She thought she was doing a good job, but she hadn't counted on Griselda's meticulousness. Victoria could not hide anything from her.

Worse, Griselda knew what was going on but chose to remain silent. What should I do? "Grandma, we just had a minor conflict, but it's alright now," Victoria replied after some thought.

"Small fights between young people are common. It just needs to be quickly resolved by the two of you. Alaric, as a man, you should be more considerate toward Victoria, alright?"

"When do I fail to treat her with consideration and respect?"Alaric had been tolerating Victoria for the past two years. She always insisted on having things done her way.

Griselda expressed her displeasure with his response as she said, "You should agree with my request. Why are you talking back?"

"Okay... Yes, Grandma," he replied helplessly.

The three of them then spent the next 20 minutes strolling through the garden. Victoria was concerned that Griselda would catch a cold, so she suggested they return indoors. At this point, the nurse just so happened to call her as well.