May Your Wish Come True

Although Victoria had rejected Claudia yesterday, she still insisted on bringing her food. As Victoria watched Claudia act like a good person, she couldn't help but find it hilarious. While she didn't want to expose Claudia, she didn't want to acknowledge her either.

"You must be weak from the illness, Victoria. I made some chicken broth for you. Don't you want to have a taste?"
Hearing her words, Victoria propped her hand against her chin as she watched Claudia.

There isn't anyone here, so why is she still putting on an act? Isn't she tired? Thinking about this, she put down her pen and looked at her. "Aren't you
tired?

Although she asked if Claudia was fed up with pretending to be a person she wasn't, Claudia ignored the implication of Victoria's words and changed the subject.

"Why would I be tired? It is a wonderful feeling to cook for the person you love and watch as he finishes your food."

Seemingly as if she wanted to make Victoria angry, Claudia added, "When
you have someone who loves you, you will know what I am talking about Victoria. I'm willing to cook for him for the rest of my life if I have to."

After she finished her words, she stared at Victoria, trying to see if she'd lose her
cool. However, Victoria was calm after hearing Claudia's words. "Oh, is that so?
Well then, I hope your wish will soon come true."

At that moment, Claudia felt like she had punched the air and was frustrated by the empty feeling. Why does this always happen to me? I keep crossing the line, but she always stays calm. It makes me wonder if I'm the one who only cares about this!

At that moment, Yasmin entered the room. When she saw Claudia, she was going to say something but remembered what Victoria had scolded her about.

Hence, she held back and said, "Mr. Levane is here to see you, Miss Victoria."

"Let him in."

As soon as Peter entered the room, he looked delighted when he saw Claudia. "Are you here too, Miss Johnson?"

Claudia was slightly surprised by his enthusiasm. Is he on my side because I treated him to a meal yesterday? If that's the case, that meal didn't cost me much.

"Did you prepare lunch again, Miss
Johnson? Are you going to give it to Miss Selwyn?" Although Victoria didn't know what was happening between them, she
could guess by looking at Peter's reaction.

However, Victoria wasn't mad about it. As the saying went, a talented person would choose a patron of integrity. Judging by what was happening, everyone could tell that Claudia would be the ultimate Mrs.
Cadogan.

Thus, it would only be normal for them to try and get close to her, so Victoria wouldn't get mad over this.

However, what Peter did next was not what she had expected. Suddenly, Peter pointed at the food container and asked, "Miss Johnson's cooking is the best, Miss Selwyn. Everyone in the office says that it's delicious. Don't you want to have some?"

"No, thanks. I have already eaten," replied Victoria as she shook her head. "If you don't want to eat it, can I have it instead?"

Hearing his words, Victoria was startled since she didn't expect him to ask for it. Then, she glanced at Claudia before nodding. "Go ahead."

"Don't mind if I do." As Peter spoke, he grabbed the food container and looked at Claudia happily. "Your cooking is the best, Miss Johnson. Say, the others are dying to taste your food again. Would it be fine if you were to make some food for us every day?"

When Claudia heard his words, she was dumbfounded and thought she had misheard him. "W-What?" Are they asking me to bring more food?

"Don't worry, we won't let you do all the work for free. Just tell us how much it would cost you." Peter grinned and showed off his teeth.

Hearing his words, Victoria looked at Alaric's assistant, in bewilderment. At
that moment, she wondered if he was trying to get on Claudia's good or bad side.

After all, there was something off with his
words. Meanwhile, Claudia had a grim expression on her face. How much will it cost me to make the food? What do they think of me? A maid? Claudia thought that Peter already knew about the situation, but she didn't expect him to mock her.

The worst part was that she couldn't
even slash out at him. After all, she still wasn't Mrs. Cadogan. In that split second, Claudia forced a smile and said, "There's no need to pay me for such a small matter. If you guys like it so much, I'll start preparing lunch for you guys tomorrow."

"Really?" Peter's eyes lit up at her words. "Would it be troublesome for you to do so, Miss Johnson? Plus, will Mr. Cadogan agree to this? I'm afraid that he might scold us.'

"Don't worry. I will talk to him about this," Claudia said awkwardly. "Well then, I thank you on their behalf, Miss Johnson."After some time, Claudia couldn't stand being in Victoria's office and left hastily.

After she was gone, the office fell silent, and Peter immediately put the food container on the table in disgust.

Looking at his reaction, Victoria was confused. "Who wants to eat her food? It's all processed food, yet she claims that
she made it on her own," Peter said disdainfully. "If that's the case, why did you.." Victoria trailed off.

Knowing she was confused, Peter smiled at her and replied, "I'm helping you, Miss Selwyn. I only approve of you as Mrs. Cadogan." When Victoria heard his words, she was speechless. After all, Peter was a nice guy.

Since they were a secretary and an assistant, they worked independently and had tough workloads. Occasionally, they would even go on business trips together. Peter was an outgoing and nice colleague,
but she didn't expect him to be on her side.

"Don't worry, Miss Selwyn. I will always believe in you regardless of what others say about you. Don't fail me now." At that moment, Victoria didn't know what to say since she knew she would disappoint him. Moreover, he offended Claudia with his words.

Fortunately, he had some authority on Alaric's side, so Alaric wouldn't punish him for what he did. However, on second thought, there might be a possibility since Claudia had saved Alaric before.

Thinking about this, she immediately said to him, "Don't be so reckless about this in the future."

Peter was stunned when he heard her words. "You don't have to worry about me, Miss Selwyn. I don't think I'm being reckless. Plus, I didn't do anything to her. She wanted to treat me to a meal, and it tasted fine. Since I think she is kind-hearted, I gave her a proposal, and she accepted it. No one can say anything bad about me."

"So, what about it?" Victoria frowned.
"Do you think you are smart by doing
this? You know Alaric's personality when you have been by his side for many years. Don't do such things in the future, and don't say you will be on my side anymore."
____________________________
Edited on: January 11th 2024
Time: 11:36 am
Word count: 1227 words