Twenty Five

comment & vote

Dominik's hand was burrowed in Salina's long curls, both of them sat at the dining table with several other men. Some Italian, some Spanish, Irish, and the rest Russian.

The McCaffrey's had officially been declared rogue against the Irish mafia as the rest stood with the Ivanovs. Now, with Lev and the cousins on either side of them, the Ivanov couple met with the other leaders of the different families.

There was Sylvio Santiago with the Spanish mafia, Ronan Byrne with the proper Irish mafia, and of course Angelo representing the Italians.

"Isn't there a conflict of interest?" Sylvio folded his hands together. "How are we going to only kill the McCaffrey's, Boss?"

Dominik grunted, tugging on a few curls of Salina's as she watched all the men at the table closely. "I'm handling Beaumont personally." He didn't elaborate further.

"We can finish Cillian and the rest of the McCaffrey clan, Boss. Just say the word," it was obvious Ronan was eager to get back into Dominik's good graces. They all knew where the McCaffrey's have been hiding out this past week and it was just a matter of who would finish the job.

Dominik was tempted to but he didn't want to leave Salina to do the job. Maybe he could bring her along but the risk wasn't worth the field trip. He would send Dima with whoever he chose to make sure it was a thorough job.

"I'll consider it, Byrne," Dominik nodded. "They retreated to Spain, so technically it's Santiago's if he wants it."

"It would be more of a statement if it was the Irish that killed one of their own," Salina picked under her nails. The men murmured in agreement, Dominik grunted with a nod.

He lent over, kissing her temple. "I want them to suffer, I want it all on tape. Be creative about it."

Angelo cleared his throat, "Are you going to tell us how you're going to handle Beaumont?" Dominik's eyes narrowed at the question.

"It's not any of your business, now is it Moretti?"

Salina pursed her lips, looking at him out of the corner of her eyes as his tone was curt. But it did do it's job to silence any questions the other men had about her father.

Rolling her lips, she sighed and spoke up after him. "My father will be taken care of," she nodded at them. The men all sat around, waiting for Dominik to give them further instructions. He thought for a second, Salina rolled her eyes at how dramatic he was as Lev tried to hide his smile of amusement. "Byrne you can take them out. Keep in mind what I said. Now, who wants a drink?"

They'd all spoken over dinner already and it was obvious Dominik was tired of the business talks. Even though, technically they should be having a discussion about how to handle Laurent since they have yet to come to a decision between the two.

But Dominik was adamant he didn't want outside opinions swaying what Salina was comfortable doing. So now, they agreed on sending 24/7 surveillance on him, tapping his phones, and freezing several of his bank accounts so they know exactly what he's doing.

Salina has said before that if Dominik needs to put an end to her father then she wouldn't stop him. But she thinks for the first time ever, Dominik is feeling hesitance to kill someone and it's weighing on him.

But now he was filling up a large glass of vodka for himself and passing around alcohol. When he tried to offer some to her, Salina's nose scrunched up. "Fuck no, I'm going to bed if we're done," she frowned quietly.

Dominik has had... a lot of energy these past two nights. It's like now that they've just started having sex, he can't stop thinking about it. Although she suspects he thought about it a lot even before. She anticipated the behavior but goddamn is he tiring.