Twenty Seven

Salina frowned as Dominik led her through the dimly lit halls. It was the first time she'd been out since the gala and as much as she'd like to say she is comfortable, it's hard. Especially considering the couple was getting stared down by cops at every corner. They were at an expensive lounge, littered with cops. But apparently, this entire place is on Dominik's payroll so they should keep their lingering eyes in check.

Dominik sneered as he pulled her closer into him, he hated having to come to this fucking place.

"I didn't know you were friends with so many actual cochons..." his wife murmured.

pigs

He smirked a bit, kissing her forehead. "It's a necessary for business unfortunately. They have a tip for us and they owe me a favor. Or rather hundreds of favors."

A voice near the bar they approached sounded, "I didn't think you'd actually show, Don."

The couple's eyes slid over to the mans, his tag read Sergeant Thomas. Dominik glanced behind them to Aleksei and Dima, giving them a signal. Both Russian men turned to cover the exits.

"I like to check in on my investments," Dominik grunted as he pressed a hand to Salina's behind and guided her along with them. This brought the Sergent's attention to her, "I'm sorry, this must be Mrs. Ivanov. I heard you tied the knot, congratulations."

Salina hummed with a nod, "Thank you," she made herself sound pleasant despite the distaste she felt in her gut. Her father never liked cops- nobody in the business did of course. Now it feels like she was proven right if Dominik was able to buy them so easily, but she'd get over it for now.

Thomas chuckled awkwardly, leading them to a back room where information was laid out. "We got the tip yesterday from our buddies two cities over. They sent everything they had our way and wiped their own data clean of it."

Dominik nodded as he pulled out Salina's chair for her to sit, once she was comfortable he dragged his chair obnoxiously close to be beside her. "That's what I pay you to do," the mafia king grunted dismissively. If Thomas was looking for a pat on the back for doing his job- he wouldn't be getting one.

In front of them was 'anonymously' delivered evidence of Dominik's illegal businesses. Although, the evidence was poor and honestly wasn't even the tip of the ice berg. Salina frowned and took the files, beginning to read through as the two men spoke.

"It was obviously thrown together in a rush," Thomas observed. Dominik looked over to Salina who thumbed through everything, her dark eyes slid over to nod in agreement. "It's circumstantial at best, honestly," Salina murmured.

Dominik shrugged, "So you traced it back to Beaumont?" He cut straight to the point. Sergeant Thomas looked shocked at the fact that Dominik knew already.

Just this morning, the couple had gotten the confirmation that the McCaffrey's were all confirmed dead with video evidence of such. The Irish took care of the traitors themselves, the video was sent out as a celebration and a silent reminder to all of Dominik's associates.

"Uh- Yes sir we did unfortunately."

Dominik nodded as Salina pressed her tongue into her cheek, this was sloppy. Sloppy and Laurent didn't often go together, he was getting desperate and he could feel Dominik watching his every move if this is what his next idea was.

"This isn't like his usual work," Salina sighed to herself. Dominik hummed in agreement, leaning forward and pressing his mouth against her shoulder comfortingly. "Whatever plan you're putting together I'd do it soon before he does something drastic," she told her husband quietly.