Irreversible Nightmares

The house was unnervingly quiet. Not a single sound was being made except for my own breathing. It wasn't often that the house was quiet. With four little girls who loved to fight, dance, and scream, you would think the house was always loud.

As I sit at my desk. All I can see is a clutter of papers, and none of them seem to make sense. All of the words look gibberish, and I can't read any of it, so I get up and head downstairs.

When I arrive, there is no one around. The kitchen is completely empty and spotless.

"Hello?" I yell, but there is no answer, only the sound of my own voice echoing back at me, as if I was yelling into a giant canyon.

I look over at the table since it's the only thing out of the ordinary. It looked like a marble counter connected to the wall behind it. There was a plate of eggs, bacon, and French toast sitting on it with a small cup of juice on the side. Clearly, the food was just made.

Walking towards it, my vision gets blurry, and the room starts to darken, the only thing Infront of me being the breakfast.

Suddenly a car zooms past and I am outside, in the middle of the road, on the yellow line, the only thing separating the cars from hitting me. The breakfast floats on front of me, nothing seeming to hold it up.

I look up and see a field to my left and a city to my right. My balance feels off, so I try to focus back on the breakfast, but it's gone.

And suddenly, I'm on a tight rope, walking high above the cars. One breath or small movement, and I could plumet to my death in an instant.

For the first time in a long time, I feel scared. A loud sound comes from behind me, the only sound I can hear as all the cars quiet down, but I can't turn my head. I can't move at all.

I close my eyes, not knowing what's happening. I try to scream, but no words come out.

I open my eyes, the train is coming straight for me. I brace for impact, waiting for the final blow...

But it never comes.

I shoot up, gasping for air as if I have never tasted it before. The room is blurry, but I try to get a good grasp of my surroundings.

It's still dark outside, and Nick is quietly snoring, oblivious to the world around him.

I get up, trying not to wake him as I look for my phone. Walking over to my bedside table, I grab my phone and turn it on, getting slightly blinded by the bright flash of light in the dark room.

The time reads 3:46am, still late at night.

I look over and see Nick sound asleep. His hair is messy and all over the place, and the blanket isn't even on him anymore. He's sprawled over the bed taking it over completely. 

Putting my phone down, I decide to head downstairs and grab something to drink.

I open the door to the hallway, taking a look around before actually stepping out.

As I start walking over to the kitchen, I hear someone in there, looking through the fridge.

With no weapons on me and nothing in my hands, I decide to sneak over just to take a peak. Not wanting to alert the intruder if there is one, I walk quietly over to the wall, separating the kitchen from the hallway.

Taking a look, I see a short girl with long dark blonde hair rummaging through the fridge.

"I didn't know we had goblins." I whisper, trying not to spook her.

This, of course, didn't work as she screamed so loud it was a surprise that the entire house didn't wake up because of it. Suddenly, Alexis looks over at me with the most bewildered look ever.