Chapter 7: Walk With Me

Finishing up their scene for the eleventh time, they both felt exhausted and were ready for bed. Liam went to his bathroom and changed into regular clothes and startled a bit when he realized Emma was still in his room. On his bed. Passed out.

A smile tugged on the corner of his lips as he beheld her in this peaceful state. He quietly opened his bedroom door before walking back to her and gently picking her up.

He was about to take her back to the guest room when he felt her lean her head into his chest. He stilled and lowered his gaze to see her still fast asleep. She looked so comfortable in his arms.

Liam bit his lip, looking at his door then back to her.

I'll bring her to her room later. It'll be fine if she just rests here for a little. I won't fall asleep.

He fell asleep.

Liam was sitting down on his bed with his back laid against some pillows and his head tilted back while Emma still rested in his arms. He had fallen asleep almost instantly when he got comfortable. It had been a long day for both of them and somehow the feeling of her being in his arms just felt right.

When Emma's eyes fluttered open, she felt a strong yet warm touch surrounding her. She shifted and realized that someone was holding her. She waited until her eyes focused before looking around. This was... Liam's room. So...

Her heart sped up as she looked down at the hands that were holding her close. She'd recognize those hands anywhere. How did this happen? What happened last night? She didn't remember any of this...

All she remembered was falling asleep... in his bed.

Shit.

Wait... I didn't fall asleep in his arms or anything, so...

Her confusion switched to panic as soon as she felt him shift. She didn't know what to do, so her body just moved on its own when she rolled over to face him.

Emma's breath caught when she found Liam already looking at her just inches away. "You're awake" she said softly, trying to keep her face from turning completely tomato red.

"Emma?" he managed to say in a husky voice.

She couldn't help but smile. He just looked so cute like this.

"Emma?" he said again.

Emma blinked. "Hm? What?"

"What time is it?"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Shit" she groaned, practically jumping out of bed, noticing she was still in costume. She didn't say anything to Liam as she sprinted to the guest room and changed back into her regular clothes before jumping down the stairs two at a time.

She ate a quick breakfast and soon heard Liam start to make his way downstairs to join her in her brisk meal.

After finishing, the two hurried to his car and buckled up. "We gotta set an alarm or something" Liam said as he started the car and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah" Emma said with a nod, trying to catch her breath.

They rode to school in silence and Emma, like last time, got out of the car quickly even thought they had made it on time. She was suddenly stopped by a hand gripping onto her arm. Emma turned around and looked at Liam with a puzzled look.

This is stupid. We shouldn't have to walk in at different times.

These thoughts swarmed Liam's mind as he looked at Emma now. "Let me walk with you" he blurted out.

Emma seemed to stop breathing for a moment. He was about to ask if she was okay when she finally said something. "Are you sure?"

Liam let go of her and stepped out of his car to walk to her side. "Why not?"

He looked forward, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small smile form on Emma's lips.