Chapter 10: Idiot

When Emma woke up, she was naked in Liam's arms while he slept soundly. The light from the window shined down on his handsome face, highlighting his sharp jawline.

She went to slide out of bed, but almost tripped over nothing. When she tried to walk over to get her clothes, she realized she had a slight limp.

Well, damn.

Slowly, she put her clothes back on and sat down on the edge of the bed, reflecting on the events of last night. When she heard shifting behind her, she turned around to see Liam sitting up and looking at her. "Hi" he said with a small smile.

She returned his smile. "Hey."

Emma returned her focus to the wall in front of her as Liam changed back into his clothes. Then a question she had been burying rose to the surface. "What are we?" she whispered.

She couldn't see him, but she heard Liam's movements stopped. He must've heard her. So why wasn't he responding.

When she turned around, he was standing an arm's length away and was looking into her eyes.

"Liam?"

He swallowed.

I shouldn't have asked. I shouldn't have asked. I'm a fucking idiot.

"You know what" she muttered, standing up and turning away from him. "Never mind" she said with a weak laugh before stalking to the door.

She heard him call her name, but she was already out of the door and walking down the stairs.

Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Emma looked around to see a few people still passed out on the couch but ignored them. She startled when she ran into a tall figure that stood in front of the door.

"Emma?"

She had to take a step back to look up at him, to see his brown skin glistening in the sunlight. Bryson. "Bryson?"

"That's me" he said with a light laugh. "But I thought you would've left by now. Where's Liam?"

When she stayed silent, he pursed his lips. He seemed to understand even though she hadn't said anything other than his name. "Need a ride?"

Emma's eyes widened. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I was planning on getting some breakfast actually, if you wanna tag along."

She smiled. "Yeah. Thank you."

Getting into the passenger's seat of Bryson's blue Jeep, her thoughts of Liam left her mind. "So, where--"

"Hi, guys!"

"Jesus Christ!" Bryson hissed as he jerked his head to look behind him.

Emma still had her hand on her chest, waiting for her heartbeat to return to normal after that mini heart attack. She slowly turned around to see Sam grinning at both of them with his messy blonde hair all over the place.

"Bro, why are you in my fucking car?"

"I had nowhere to sleep! Everywhere was occupied!"

"It's your own house and you can't bother to kick someone out in order to have a place to sleep?"

"Well, that'd be rude."

Bryson pinched the bridge of his nose while Emma giggled. "Anyways" Emma said. "I suppose you're joining us for some breakfast?"

"Oho? A date?" Sam said with a smug grin.

"Wh-- No, dude."

"Lame" Sam muttered, leaning back into the seat and crossing his arms. "Where's Liam?"