Part 19: Event

[Abigail's POV]

I groaned as a sharp sensation jolted through my body, rousing me from sleep. I slowly open my eyes, everything seems to be a little blurry at first but I recovered my sight a few seconds after.

I found myself staring at an unfamiliar ceiling, prompting me to question my surroundings. Where am I? How have I managed to stay alive until this moment?

Not until....

"My lady" I sensed a gentle grip on my hand, accompanied by the call of a familiar voice that I couldn't forget. Slowly, I turned my head towards that person.

And I'm not wrong.... Edward.

I stared at him for a moment as memories came flooding back of what happened the night before the explosion.

Minister Woo managed to escape, and I failed to capture him, ending up getting stabbed by that man. However, I wonder if Arthur was safe now.

"My Lady, you're-"

"W... where am I?" My voice trembled as I spoke, possibly because my body is still too weak for now. I took a deep breath, slowly pulling my hand away from his hold and looked away.

Remembering the night when my emotions overwhelmed me, leading me to a decision where I believed it might be better to let him go.

"What matters now is that... you're awake. I missed you" He spoke and gently held my cheeks, turning my face towards him. The warmth of his hand made me feel something... something I hadn't even realized I wanted to feel.

I softened under his touch, finding a sense of calm in the midst of my thoughts.

If only the gods would give me a chance to change my fate, I would seize it without hesitation, even if it entails losing everything.

"Good thing I got there in time, I would've lost you both if I was a second late" He spoke with a hint of relief in his voice.

Does he know about Arthur? No, I let them escape before the explosion happened. It's impossible for him to find them at that state. Or maybe... I'm missing something.

What if...

"Both?... You mean..." I didn't want to think about it but there is a possibility that it would happen.

We're both very well aware what that night took us. That night at my mansion, while people were having a good time celebrating outside.

However, I shook my thoughts away and glanced at him.

"Yes, you are..." He cut me off and gave me a warm smile, My eyes widened that pushed me to sit up suddenly without even thinking that I still have a wounded and weak body.

The moment I moved my left shoulder, I felt a sudden pain that flashed through my whole body making me grunt in pain as I steady myself. However, that didn't last long when he held the back of my head and slowly guided me to lay back on the bed before letting go.

"No... that can't be..." After uttering those words, he remained silent, simply holding my hand and offering a smile. I nervously gulped, shifting my gaze to the ceiling as a flood of thoughts overwhelmed me.

How can... I be so careless... So clueless...

As I took a glance at Edward, he was somehow calm about it. To the point that it made me think that it doesn't bother him.

"This... Can't be happening" I murmured as I held back his hand and tightened it before facing him completely.

"I... Edward, I can't... Not now" I stuttered, letting go of his hand as I tried sitting up again, however my body keeps failing me.