Part 20

........................................................................

4 days had passed since they both talked to each other.

Edward had decided that he should go back to his father that day to prevent the officials from from suspecting them.

"Please do be careful on your way back" A servant gently handed the bag to Abigail, while reminding her.

Abigail offered a simple smile before hopping onto the back of the horse, clad in the same clothes she had worn on the night she raided the Minister's mansion.

"I will..." She replied plainly before leaving.

As she rode her horse swiftly, thoughts of the reasons and outcomes of returning to the castle flooded her mind. She knew that her reappearance would undoubtedly raise questions among the everyone.

Not only that, but Minister Woo would also become one of her problems.

She need to track him down once she get back on position...

However, when she was halfway towards the gates, she stopped... Concluding that If she get back there right now, everyone will get suspicious.

They understand her capabilities, but returning under these circumstances would undoubtedly lead to unfavorable outcomes.

She needed someone to guide her back inside the kingdom to make her return more believable.

So without hesitation, she quickly went to the other direction.

If there's someone I can trust to help her, it would be the one person she knows that she can completely rely on.

And she know exactly who that person is and how to find him...

It took her a few hours before arriving at that particular place... The place where my true journey began...

The Military Head Quarters

However, once the soldiers saw Abigail coming from the distance, they were alerted and called the General assigned in that area as she gets nearer.

They seemed to not recognize her at first since they grab their swords from its sheath and pointed at her, arrows ready to fire as they waited for her to get nearer from them. Posing her as a threat.. However...

"Hault! Put your weapons down!"

One of the knights guarding the top yelled out as he recognized the Lady's face from afar.

"Greet the Princess as she arrives" He added and swiftly descended from the viewing deck to make his report.

"General Alphonse... Lady Abigail... She's here" Endo, one of the soldiers, reported excitedly to the person sitting in his bed, wearing a stoic expression.

Yet, When Alphonse heard Abigail's name, his expression shifted from stoic to a mix of relief and concern. Without waiting for another word, he hastily stood up and dashed towards where Abigail was.

She had just dismounted from her horse, surrounded by everyone in the military grounds, when he spotted her. Relief flooded Alphonse's heart, and without hesitation, he hurried towards his daughter, hugging her tight without saying a word or even waited for Abigail to greet him.

"I'm glad... you're safe, my child" Alphonse spoke in a low tone, sighing in relief, before slowly pulling away from the hug.

"I'm sorry... to keep you worried throughout the days I was gone" Abigail responded and smiled plainly "But... I really need your help now, dad" She added, unable to look into her father's eye.