Chapter 20

UNEDITED

CHAPTER 20

"In virtute luna Godess, I : alligabis humanam simul ut omnia sint in defunctionis donec they part," The munk dripped Caine's blood into a cup that held one of Lila's used tampons.

Marlee had gaped in horror when Alec told her they needed Lila's blood. The only thing that had her blood on it was a tampon from weeks earlier that they had to dig around the trash for. It was awkward to say the least, giving Alec the bloody tampon, he looked like he was about to pass out when she handed it to him.

Ryan stood beside her, holding her hand as they watched the short man chant something in Latin. Ryan hadn't let her go since the bedroom incident. Marlee wasn't sure what was going on, if she was his mate or what? He had kind of just claimed her in front of Alec and no one said anything else.

" Et faciam eos in," The priest chanted, " et faciam eos in. Et faciam eos in," over and over again he said it, while he used the mixture of blood, the wolfsbane herb, and ashes from the bones of a wolf to trace a symbol onto the stone of the table.

The mixture was thick and black. The symbol swirled out and in to form weird, ancient looking symbols.

That's when Caine started to yell. He growled and gripped the stone table, looking as if he would pass out.

Suddenly the fabric of his shirt started to burn away. The left side of his lower back looked like it was infected. At first it started out as an inky blotch, then it grew, swirling and twisting. The same symbol that the munk was tracing onto the stone, was carving itself into Caine's side.

~

I dropped the tray I was holding and doubled over in pain. My side felt like it was burning off. Someone called my name.

"Lila !" Katie-Lynn yelled.

"Help me Holland!" She yelled again, "we need to get her to a hospital!"

"N-no," I gasped, " you c-can't, my apartment! Take me to my apartment!"

Katie Lynn draped my arm over her shoulder and walked me to her truck. I hissed in pain and crawled in. A white hot pain overtook me and I screamed. Black dots danced in my vision and I passed out.

" Lila!"

I came to when someone shook me awake. I blinked and stared at Katie-Lynn. I croaked out a "hey."

" How are you feeling?" She asked me.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and winced, "Pretty bad..."

" Well," she sighed, "you seem to have acquired a tattoo durning the night, a big one too."

I made my way over to the mirror as quickly as possible and lifted my shirt.

"That bastard!" I growled as I inspected the Binding marks. The marks looked like black scars, like someone had traced my side with a knife. But instead of the skin turning white like a regular scar, it darkened into a inky black color. The mark covered part of my side and curled back up to my shoulder blade and then reached my ribs in my front. The whole thing stung slightly and tingled.

I could feel him.

He was in an... annoyed mood? Bad? Happy? Maybe I mix between both. I also knew that he was still far far away from me, but with our new connections it would take less time to find me. I was horrified that he had completed a ritual binding but not surprised. Again, the rites were centuries years old that no one nowadays ever performed. They were originally intended to bind the humans to a werewolf counterpart in order to mimic a mate bond.

I faced Katie-Lynn and chuckled nervously. She raised her eyebrow.

"So you going to tell me what the heck is going on here? Also I almost passed out myself when you somehow  turned into a wolf during the night?" She asked and leaned back in her chair. I ducked my head and groaned, I didn't remember anything. The last thing I remember is going to work

"My name isn't Lana Collins it's Lilianna Blackthorn... and Caine Collins is my mate," I started. Her head snapped up, "Ohkay then, I think you may have hit you're head somewhere along the lines a bit to hard-" she said and laughed.

"No I'm serious... I'm actually a werewolf and I have a soulmate," I said bluntly. She stared at me weirdly and began to stand up. "Look, I can show you," and so I started pulling off the rest of my clothes and shifted into a brown wolf.

Katie-Lynn started to scream but quickly clamped a hand over her mouth, " ohmygod..." She whispered in shock. I shifted back and threw my clothes back on, " See? Real live werewolf, and my angry mate should be here any time soon so I think its best if you go home."

She shook her head, " No way, you can't just do that," she threw her arms up in the air, "you have to tell me the whole story!" She said.

Panic flared through me at the thought of telling her.

But I breathed in slowly and started, " I guess it started a couple years ago...."

Hey guys! I promise my next update will be Sunday!

Enjoy

~A