Chapter 41

all rights reserved/Arrihanna/2016

unedited
The Immortals

CHAPTER 41

"Caine?!"

My lungs were burning from the smoke and my voice was raspy from yelling.

The inside of the castle was a wreck. Beams were falling everywhere, everything inside had caught on fire, and from somewhere in the castle I could hear screaming. A wooden pillar burned away from the ceiling and hit the floor a few feet in front of me. I jumped back.

I yelled for Caine again.

I managed to crawl through the fiery remains of the training room and up the stairs. I had no clue where Caine might have gone, or what he was doing in here either.

I dogged a falling light fixture and pushed open a door.

"Caine?" I called again.

" Cai-"

"Lila, I'm right here."

I quickly spun around. "Oh god, I thought you were dead. We need to get out of here, Caine." I stepped towards him quickly and reached out for him.

"I will not leave until my enemy is killed," he growled dangerously.

I stepped back, "Don't be stupid. I know you need to kill Octa-" I swallowed nervously and stepped back, releasing Caine's cold hand

"No, no no no-" I breathed in and tried not to throw up.

"Aww Lila, we didn't even get to have any fun together," He said and grinned.

I hated myself for not recognizing that this was Octaves and not Caine. I clutched my head in my hands and tried to slow down the images of torture that flew across my mind. I looked up at him-into his eyes. Horrible eyes.

Reflexively I got ready to fight him. My hand gripped three throwing knives, ready to fly at any moment.

This is not Caine, this is Octaves. He is here to kill you. This is not Caine. This is not Caine.

"I-I'm not afraid of you, Octaves," I said. I bit my lip and tried to down the part of me that was afraid. So afraid of him. I hoped I didn't sound as nervous as I felt. I took a step back.

Octaves eyes flashed brightly. "Oh, Little Lila- you pretend to be so brave," he started to walk towards me, "but I know you're not!"

He lunged towards me and I let one of my knives fly from my grip. Octaves made a screeching noise as the knife buried itself into his chest.

He chuckled, "You can't hurt me." He lifted his hand and white sparks started to crackle between his fingers.

"You see, while you and Caine were having your little reunion party," Octaves spat at me, "I had a little rest. I also did some digging and finally found what I needed. That munk friend of yours and his book of spells were very resourceful...with some persuasion of course. I found that consuming the souls of humans made me quite a bit stronger. I have never been more powerful in my entire life." Octaves was staring intently at the now blue energy rolling off of his palms.

He looked at me and suddenly tightened his hand into a fist. I hissed as the air flew from my body like I had been punched.

"You cannot hurt me,Lila. But I will hurt you very, very much-" His wrist flicked to the side and I went flying into the wall.

Darkness clouded my vision as pain exploded through my body. I tried to catch my breath but the smokey air only made it worse. I pushed my self up.

"I w-will kill you, and if I dont- Caine will," I choked out. I needed to reach my knives, they'd fallen from my grip when I hit the wall and clattered to the ground a few feet away. Octaves was too busy laughing to himself to notice them.

"I will kill you both, and then I will rip your precious Warriors to shreds," He sneered.

I inched towards the knives. I was so close.

I stopped breathing as Octaves stepped right over me and leaned down.

"Don't worry though, me and you will have some fun first-"

I screamed as he gripped my hair and smashed my face against the stone floor. Wet blood spilled down my face and into my nose and mouth. He smiled at me and I wanted to die. Flashbacks and visions of him him tearing me up flooded my brain. The only thing I could do was lay there, screaming and thrashing, but he would never stop hurting me.

Just before I thought I would breathe my last breath, Octaves was ripped off of me.

"Do not ever touch her again."

I looked up through blood soaked eyelashes at my mate.

From then on it was like someone had turned on the Slow Motion effect on.

Caine fired three shots from his demon gun, they all hit Octaves in the chest. It only knocked him down. Caine growled so fiercely, I found myself flinching away from him. Caine grabbed Octaves in a death grip and punched him over and over again.

He glanced towards me. Octaves said something I couldn't hear. He was probably calling to his demon followers. Help.

Help.

I stared, horrified, as Octaves' hands began to glow and he pushed to his knees. He swiped at Caine, burning him with his electric hands.

I screamed.

Blood dripped from Octaves' head, face, everywhere. Then he turned and looked right at me, smiling. Caine growled. Octaves lifted his hands towards me, his palms outstretched.

"Dormient somnum sempiternum," He said quietly. I sucked in a breath at the simple incantation.

Caine yelled out my name. I tried to respond.

The last thing I remember is Caine  picking up the last of my throwing knives from the ground and digging it through Octaves heart.

Thanks for reading!

vote:comment:share