Chapter 7 (revised)

CHAPTER 7 (revised 2017)

I woke up with a start. Panting and clutching the sheets like my life depended on it. My body felt like it had gone through the boiler and I could feel my hair plastered to my neck with sweat. My nightmares were haunting and I couldn't shake the feeling of blood dripping down my hands.  

"Fuck," Caine grunted from next to me.

I shivered and tried to shove him off of me. I struggled, but Caine's huge arm was on top of me, holding me down.

" Off-"

Caine rolled onto his side, tucked me into his chest, then rolled on top of me, covering me with his whole body. I sucked in a breath and realized that he was completely naked except for a pair of briefs. My eyes widened and my heart sped up in a panic.

My wolf went ape shit and could almost the see the hearts in her puppy dog eyes.

I wiggled underneath him and he growled. I sighed. Great.

" I wouldn't do that, if I were you pup," Caine said huskily. His voice dripped with innuendo. I tried to keep myself from groaning.

"Keep that up and I'll take you before breakfast," he said darkly.

Before I could even contemplate what he was saying, he shoved me and I landed on my butt on the floor.

Did he seriously just push me off the bed? I scoffed and got up, hoping my cheeks weren't flushed with embarrassment. I faced the bed and opened my mouth to tell him off.

"He-" I started.

Caine cut me off and narrowed his dark, stormy eyes at me, " disturbed everyone's sleep today eh," he said snidely, I had a feeling he knew about my dreams.

Then he added, "There's a coffee pot in the other room, you can make yourself useful."

I stared at him in awe, my mouth hanging open. He turned his head to the other side and continued snoring.

After narrowing my eyes at him, I walked over to the mini bar, where a small coffee pot stood and filled it up with water, setting the timer for 3 minutes and adding a filter of grounds.

Stupid coffee. Stupid Caine. Stupid life.

I heard Caine get out of bed walk into the bathroom and wished he would slip and fall and crack his dumb head open. 

Apparently the universe was not in my favor because not a few minutes later, Caine came out looking better then ever. He stood in the doorway and eyed me up and down. 

Ugh.

I looked away and when I could feel him right behind me I turned around.

He was still mostly naked and large muscled arms crossed over his broad chest made him look intimidating, also delicious. I had to tilt my head way up to look at his face.

" Guess what?" He said in a challenging tone. 

I gulped, " uhhh...what?" I replied,  confused at his odd behavior. He turned and leaned against the counter so he was standing next to me.

" My trial was moved up to the day after tomorrow. Alec also just told me the Roylas are having a dinner in honor of our visit  and we're expected to attend." From the way Caine spat out Royals and kindly, I safely assumed he did not like them.