Chapter 22

UNEDITED -

All rights reserved

CHAPTER 22

"Caine! You can't just do this!" I  struggled against him as he opened the truck door and threw me into the passenger seat, clicking the seatbelt in and locking the doors.

I knew it was in vain though. Of course he could do it, hell, I couldn't even put up much of a fight.

The only thing worse than living a miserable existence is choosing it. Without Caine I would have maybe lasted a couple more months before I was to weak to function.

I fought anyway.

" what about Katie-Lynn? She knows about us," I told him.

He started the truck and pulled out of the parking lot, one hand still gripping my arm.

" Caine! I said stop!" I growled, angry now. It earned me a louder, angrier growl in return.

" I don't want to start this now Lilianna. I really don't," he said with a shake of his head.

I pressed on.

" We can't leave Caine. She knows'" I said, hoping it would hinder him at least a little.

"Lilianna, be quiet" he snarled, he though using my full name gave him more power, intimidated me. I scoffed.

" No Caine! I will no-"

"I SAID ENOUGH!" he yelled angrily at me, " you belong with me. With my pack. You are the Luna, are you just going to let our pack down?"

My wolf let out a whimper when he revered to them as 'ours'.

Ugh....sometimes I just can't even.

Well played Caine, well played. The pack was almost like a filial obligation. Once my wolf had imprinted on it, there was nothing I could do to stop her from doing what was best for them.

They were my pack. My family. And as much as I dreaded serving Caine, I couldn't let the warriors down.

I glanced at Caine and he took it as an invitation to start talking.

" It doesn't matter that the human knows. Alec will make her forget" He actually grinned like ' it was all good' or something. Whatever kind of dark magic that Caine had forced Alec into performing was beyond me, the two of them made a fucked up pair and it unsettled me that Alec was so willing to do whatever Caine asked of him.

" I hate you. Not once have you done or said or even shown that you want me to be your Luna. Not the packs, Caine, but yours. An equal." I said, while running my hands through my hair.

He had already driven a couple blocks and we were just about to turn onto the highway.

" I never asked you to be my equal. The only reason you lead the hunt was because of my sentence. It's not your job." The smugness in his voice made me want to punch him in the eye.

"I'm only going to say this once," I stared right at him, "if things do not change for me back at the castle- I will make your life a living hell. And believe me when I tell you that I'm not dying until after every ounce of life has drained from your body." I sneered and breathed heavily, proud that I had spoken without my voice wavering.

Caine's jaw clenched and ticked. Like he was contemplating how to completely annihilate me from his life before I had the chance to do it for him.