The News

A few weeks go by along with show after show, crowds get more fun and louder, and news gets out about Travis being in the audience.

I wake up one morning with Meredith meowing in my ear and my alarm blaring on the side table. I pet Meredith to quiet her down shushing her as I pick up my phone to turn the alarm off. Benjamin hops up on the bed and rubs against my arm which was petting Meredith.

"Good morning," I say, turning my attention to Benjamin, voice cracking.

I hear Olivia whining in the bathroom, I throw my head back not quite annoyed but not, not annoyed that they made me wake up. I picked up the cats and set them on the ground, both unhappy as I made my bed. Pulling the sheets up and beating the pillows.

I yawn, picking up my phone and seeing the many notifications from my mom, and friends, and the news, exploding about the Travis sightings still. I groan, almost too tired to read what everyone's been saying. I drag myself to the kitchen, cats following behind me.

Mom: How are you feeling sweetheart? News has been all over that football player at your concert recently

Me: I'm feeling great. I've been seeing more and more videos and reports as the days go by. I feel bad for ignoring him.

Mom: Don't feel bad, but he and his brother who also plays football have a podcast. You should try listening to it, I've heard he talked about that night at the concert

I chuckle and quickly reply to her while I make a cup of coffee. Olivia purrs at my legs and I go to pick her up, the other cats jumping on the counter to watch me.

My phone buzzes with photos of my little cousins in what was my dressing room the night at Arrowhead. They were smiling in front of a bunch of lockers, one happening to be Kelces'. I put my phone down and chuckle at my luck with the photo being taken in front of that certain locker. The coffee maker dings and I set Olivia down to get a mug and poar myself a drink.

I take a slow sip, careful not to burn myself. I feed the cats and they eat while I walk to the living room. Looking out the curtains before closing them again, not knowing where the paparazzi could be. I switch the TV on and decide to listen to the signs. I turn on Travis' most recent podcast episode while I scroll through the news and random things I had been tagged in overnight. The number is getting higher every day.

Then something catches my eye, making my heart stop and my stomach drop. I hear Travis start talking about me, or what I thought was me "So I was a little butthurt I didn't get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her" I chuckle, it was so exciting to think that adults were taking part in kid like behaviors like trading bracelets "I wanted to give Taylor Swift one with my number on it, all right now" he goes on, my face goes pink hearing my name

Travis' brother Jason continues "Your number as in 87, or your phone number?"

I saw Travis' face light up "You know which one" My heart almost stopped and I couldn't believe he wanted to give me his number when I practically ignored him.

I stare at the TV for a while, they continue talking I keep thinking about how much of a good guy he is. His nice mustache, he's funny and so kind. My face is bright red by the time I realize I watched the whole episode. I picked up my phone and called one of my friends who could help me.

"Taylor?" I hear Jack say, his voice slow, I probably woke him up but I didn't mind

"Do you know any way I could get Travis Kelce's phone number?"