Flowers

Once I got back to my hotel, I was absolutely exhausted. My feet hurt, my dress got heavy, and my hair felt like a mess. As soon as I opened the door my jaw dropped. Flowers everywhere. A huge basket of them lay on the floor, many different shades of blues and purples.

I ran over to it, dropping down to grab the letter attached to it.

'To my pretty girl. Love, Travis' I smiled and looked at a few flowers. They were freshly picked and put together perfectly. My heart expanded and my cheeks went pink. This was the sweetest thing ever.

I checked the time to make sure Trav wasn't busy. I called him quickly and he picked up after only two rings.

"Hey baby," he says, he sounded tired and out of breath

"Trav, these flowers. They're stunning. Thank you so much" It was hard to get words out, my head was spinning

"Only the best for you. Especially because I missed your big day"

'You didn't have to do that" I gush

"Yes, I did. Are they the right colors?"

"Yup, they're perfect. I love them"

"Im glad you like them" he's still breathing heavy

"How was football?" I ask

"Good, we just finished I'm on my way home. Im pooped" I giggle and I can hear his smile in his voice

"I bet"

"Did the movie go well?"

"Perfect, they loved it"

"Amazing,' he falls quiet and I hear the car stop "Hey, I'll text you later I just got home."

"Okay, love you"

"I love you too bye" he hands up the phone and I move back to the flowers. I'm sure I had enough vases but I didn't know where. Or where I would put them all. Maybe vases 2 in each room.

I go to my room, dragging my dress with me. I didn't bother pulling the top back up as it slowly slipped down, I just unzipped it and threw it off. I immediately fell on my bed, happy all the weight was gone. I don't think my pajamas had ever felt better.

The cats followed me as I stretched out on my bed then got up to deal with the bunch of flowers in my main room. I just stood there, not knowing what to do. Olivia tried scrapping at them but I pulled her away, the other two didn't even bother going close to them.

I called for someone to help me put them into vases, and we spent the next hour or two doing it together. The lady that helped was actually really nice and I liked talking to her.

I slumped into the couch when she left, texting my friends for a little while while the cats were cuddled in my lap. Before I knew it I was waking up in the dark, the only lights were from buildings in the distance. I didn't bother picking up my phone I just carried myself to bed and went back to my well-deserved sleep.