18. First transformation

3 days before September first, which would be the start of Izel's second year and Luna's first year, the day they had feared came. Today was going to be a full moon. It was convenient that the moon would be full on August 29 rather than later. A full moon lasts three days, which means three days in which a human with lycanthropy turns into a Werewolf. It would have been a pain to go through a Transition on the first days of school.

While Luna had still been in the hospital, their father had talked to Professor Dumbledore and he allowed Luna to still attend Hogwarts. Luna was very happy about it, but it didn't last long after she was released, because what she saw first as she arrived at home was not pleasant. She had taken one look at the cage, then one look at her father, who had sheepishly smiled like an idiot, and lastly had ran up to her room.

Now to the present day, things were tense, it had been like that since Luna's release. Luna didn't speak, ate and didn't interact at all with Xenophilius. Izel spoke few to him, only if it was necessary. They saw his pain in his eyes, they cared, but couldn't forgive him. Things were especially tense today as every one of them knew what was about to occur tonight.

„He will try to keep me away from the cage, but I won't let him keep me away for too long. Eventually when he doesn't notice, I'll slip out of my room and come to you. If you have to get through the transition alone, because he is refraining me from being there with you, I'm sorry. And I swear I will make it up to you. I don't want you to go through this alone and I hope you won't have to." Izel spoke softly, holding her sisters hands in hers.

„What if I hurt you in the process..? And you too become.."

Izel shoke her head, „Don't even think about that. That won't happen. You would never hurt me. You're my little sister."

▕⃝⃤

Both of them had lain in Luna's bed all day, just staring at the ceiling and talking about everything and everyone.

„It's already noon." Izel spoke out of the blue as she took a look out of the window.

She sat up and hurried over to the door.

„I'll be right back!"

After getting what she needed, she came back to find Luna crying, her face pressed into a pillow.

„Oh, Luna." She moved towards her, sat down on the bed and hugged Luna from the side. „It's okay. You'll be okay. Everyone will be okay." She whispered softly.

Luna sat up, wiped her nose and eyes and took notice of something that was in Izel's hold.

„I got this for you. I know that it will be scary. Everything that's about to happen. So, I crammed out my old plushie that you had loved so much, to the point where you sometimes stole it." She chuckled and held the little lamb stuffie out to her.

„It's kind of ironic, isn't it..?" Luna laughed after she grabbed it, „I am about to turn into a Werewolf and have a lamb plushie with me! A lamb, a Wolf's delicacy!"

„Okay, maybe I should have thought that more through..."

„No! I love it. Thank you." Luna protested and hugged the plushie.

„It's no problem, really."

„Luna?" Xenophilius head peaked in through the gap, since the door was slightly open.

As he noticed Izel, he turned his gaze at her, „Go to your room. I don't want you to be there." he said more harsh than he had intended.

Izel wanted to protest, scream and shout. But, she knew that it was no use and gave in.