28. GT-MI Trade

Virat and Rahul were still engulfed in a hug which was broken by a ring on Virat's phone.

"Kon gadha hai!" Rahul said and Virat went in awe seeing him snap at someone like that.

"Gadha hi hai, Rohit!" Virat replied and Rahul bit his tongue.

Virat ended the call withing seconds.
"Chal, they are calling for us. It's time for the IPL retention."

"Let's gooo Virateeeee" Rahul replied while streching his name.

They went straight into the team room and settled themselves with the others hurriedly before the retention starts.

CSK, DC, LSG, SRH, PBKS, KKR, RR, MI team after team all the players name were announced. The ones that were retained and the ones that were released.

It was time for GT. The time for the bomb to drop.

And the list came out. Everyone started checking it hurriedly and they spotted that one change they never thought would happen.

Shubman Gill ( C )

"Hardik Pandya is now traded back to MI."

And there was chaos all around suddenly in the team room.

"Back at my home y'all" Hardik announced while running to Rohit to hug him. Soon it became a team hug. Rohit, Hardik, Ishan, Jassi and Sky. All of them were jumping around crazily.

"You are back! Someone is back claiming my rights on Rohit bhai!" Jassi said laughingly.

"Always" Hardik replied.

"Now that we are together we won't let those foreigner kids take away our bhai" Ishan said happily.

They formed a little huddle of theirs put their hands one of top of other and raised them shouting "ONE FAMILY"💙

Everyone congratulated Hardik on joining MI back. They knew how much that team meant to him. The team, the place where it all started.

"Guys let's cheer for the CAPTAIN SHUBMAN GILL!" Virat announced and all of them started congratulating him.

He smiled a bit said formal thank yous.

Hardik went towards Shubman "Oho captain sahab"

But he ignored it completely and left the team room. Everyone watched it silently and thought he just needed a moment to calm his emotions down because of the sudden announcement of him being the captain.

Only if they knew what really mattered to him at that moment.

Niya went behind him and back hugged him.

"Congratulations my captain!"

"Thank You" Shubman said while sobbing.

"Oye! It's a happy moment yaar!"

"It's not!"

"Huh?"

"Niya can I get some time alone please?"

Niya didn't know why but agreed to give him some space. Shubman thought he hid it from everyone but a certain Punjabi boy might've understood his kiddo really well.

Shubman was sitting far away on a couch in a completely empty lobby. He hid his face with his palms and poured his emotions out in the silent place.

"So yaha baith ke ro raha hai" He heard a voice and looked around to find Virat sitting beside him.

Virat saw Shubman's red eyes and engulfed him in a hug. "Shh. Shhh calm down please bacha."

"Bhai..." He let out a deep cry.