29. Quick moments

Hardik and Shubman went back to the team room when Rohit and Ishan went happily to congratulate him.

"Congratulations kiddo! So proud of you!" Rohit said beaming a smile

"You stole my partner" Shubman muttered under his breath which was caught by Hardik.

"Shub..." Hardik said a little sternly.

"Thank you Rohit bhai" Shubman replied like a well mannered kid.

"Congratulations Shubbbb
Whatever it is for me you will always be a noob,
Captaincy ke pressure mae na tu doob,
Chill with me my Shubb" Ishan sang him a little verse that he was very proud of.

"Thank you Ishaan,
Tu hai gadha maan ya na maan,
Shakal teri jese jala hua naan,
Bandaro ke community ki tu hai jaan,
Hogaya na mere talent se hairan pareshan,
Thank you mere Ishaannnn" Shubman replied making everyone burst out laughing at the moment.

Niya smiled seeing Shubman happy again. All her 32s were clearly visible in her visibly bright smile.

"Naa hi tu Colgate ki ad mae hai aur na hi dentist ke paas" Rahul said looking at Niya.

"Dikkat hai meri khushi se?" She fake pouted.

"Nahi bas haste hue chudail lag rhi thi" Rahul said teasing her.

"Aur tu kya hai haan? The kaali billi for the chudail?" She said firing up.

"STOP STOP STOP" Virat yelled at both of them.

"Ek baar mae samajh aata hai bhai" Both of them said in unison.

It was the time everyone dispersed back to their rooms. Shubman entered his room and saw a bouquet kept for him.

"Coz why should only girls be pampered? I wanna pamper my boy. My captain! So proud of you!" The note attached to it read.

He jumped around happily like a 5y/o kid. It gave him immense joy seeing someone do something like this for him. Because for him it's always been the small gestures well he has his own theory 'badi badi baate toh sab yaad rakh lete hai jise wo choti se choti baat yaad rhe wo special hota hai'

He stopped, looked at his watch and dashed to his brothers's room. He reached into the room screaming "BHAISSS" at the instant in a very sweet tone.

"Kya chahiye?" Rohit said.

While Virat had a 'you made it obvious' kinda look on his face.

"Woh bhai" He started slowly.

"Aage bol Shub" Rohit said calmly

And our impatient Kohli just smacked the poor kid.

"I wanted your permission" He said with utmost seriousness.

"For what?!" Rohirat said in unison

"Um...I wanted to take Niya out on a date...Only if you guys give permission?" He said in a very determined tone.

"But why do you need permission from us?" Virat questioned.

"Because you are her as well as my elder brothers. So I have to ask you before taking her out on a date and also need your permission for myself going out." He explained.

Rohit and Virat were touched by their kid's gesture. But them being them decided to play along with it.

"What do you think Ro?" Virat said secretively winking at Rohit.

"Oh..Um.. I don't think I can give permission yaar"

"Even I think that."

Shubman's face fell hearing that immediately but he couldn't ever go against his brothers.