[1]: you're on your own kid

commentary will be in italics

well here we are folks, lsu vs uconn or should I say paige bueckers vs nessa kray.

yeah this is definitely a long awaited match up, the two have been fighting for top spot since they joined their teams.

I think we can expect a very heated game between the two rivals.

yes I agree, we're in for a good one.

nessa pov:

I was warming up for what was one of the most anticipated games of my life.

I was up against paige bueckers, the girl I've been fighting for top spot with my whole life.

there's never been a time we haven't been against eachother, ever since high school we've been rivals.

if I don't play well today, all my hard work goes down the drain, she'll be in top spot.

I'm playing at power forward today due to injury, which isn't the best fit for me as I'm one of the shortest in the league.

I'm up against a lot of good players today so I have to play well.

as I practiced my shot, Kim called me over.

'I need you at your best to day kray, no slumping, I don't care how tall their players are you will defend and attack them'

I nodded my head, walking back onto the court as the commentator announced the players.

I was playing forward with amani at small forward, Hailey and mikayla at guard and Aalyah at centre.

Aalyah won the tip of and Hailey drove forward toward the net before she was dispossessed by Nika muhl.

I got back as Hailey was still running back as paige got the ball on the three point line.

she set up her shot as I jumped up to block her.

she delayed her shot, waiting untill I was down to shoot and score a three pointer.

'better look next time' she teased as she ran back.

mikayla was passed the ball from the base line and I quickly ran with her up the court.

she passed me the ball in the key and I jumped under the net, bouncing it in off the backboard.

I quickly winked at paige before running back to help on defence.

the game went by quickly and we were now in the 3rd quarter.

I had 20 points and paige had 23.

the ball came to me on the three point line I readied myself up to shoot when someone barreled into me.

as I hit the floor I could feel my left knee burning from the impact causing me to grunt in pain.

the foul was called as I was helped up by Aalyah.