[7]: shake it off

my knee was strapped up so I don't re-injure it and I was warming up with paige.

training had been exhausting and the day had finally came for my first game with uconn against villanova, this game decides whether uconn go through to the elite eight(is that what it's called ?)

I was a bit nervous as I knew we were up against good players but at least I didn't have to start.

as the starting 5 went out onto the court, me and nika sat on the bench.

'you nervous ?' she asked causing me to aggressively nod.

'you'll be okay, just play like it's any other game' she advised as the game began.

I sat anxiously through the first quarter as the scores were extremely close

paige was subbed for nika and she came and sat next to me.

'you did good' I mumbled, keeping my eyes on the game ahead.

'thanks, you excited to play ?' she questioned.

'more like scared to' I breathed.

'why scared ?' she asked.

'if I mess up geno's gonna hate me and want me to go back to lsu' I ranted, as I felt paiges hand on my bouncing knee.

'you'll do great, I know how you play, and you never play better then when you've got something to prove. speaking from having experienced it. so when you go out on that court, prove it. we all know you deserve to be here, now you need to show yourself you belong here' she explained.

'wow, that was really good' I smiled, finally turning to the girl who was staring at me. 'thanks'

'of course' she grinned, her hand still on my leg which mixing with the nerves was making my stomach do backflips

that's weird.

I heard geno call a time out and me and paige got up to go over to the huddle.

he was subbing me, putting me on at shooting guard, and paige back at point guard.

'dream team on three' nika yelled as everyone put their hands together.

'dream team !'

me and paige walked next to each other onto the court, getting ready for villanova to restart the game that was currently 42-43 to them in the 2nd quarter.

the oppostions faces clearly dropped at the sight of me and paige, making us smirk at eachother.

'we prepared for this let's go wildcats !' their coach yelled as both teams were waiting for the game to start.

🔵commentary will be in italics🔵

finally, the substitution we've been waiting to see, paige bueckers and nessa kray coming on.

yeah the wildcats heads are already dropping just at the sight of them.

it's the dream team isn't it.

yes it is.

the wildcats played the ball, immediately driving towars the basket but aaliyah easily blocked the smaller girl and gave the ball to paige who drove up the court.

the game went on into the 4th quarter, the scoreline staying fairly equal.

I'd scored 18 points in the last 2 quarters and paige around 20.

it was the last play of the game and the wildcats were currently on the attack and Kylie Swinder got the ball in the key.

I ran over to her, jumping up as she shot, somehow managing to block her as I raced away up the pitch.

I saw paige in space on the three point line and I threw the ball up to her as she readied to shoot.

she easily made the bucket on the buzzer, causing us all to jump around.

'nessaa !' paige cheered, running over to me and picking me off my feet as she span around.

'buzzer beater' I smirked at the girl.

'that block was amazing, how did you even do that' she gushed.

I just shrugged my shoulders laughing.

'wanna play tag ?' I asked.

'right now ?' she questioned.

'yeah' I shrugged.

'okay, tag' she ran away.

'cheater I wasn't ready' I chased her towards geno.

'geno save me, she's gonna tag me' paige cried, hiding behind him.

'get her nessa' he laughed, moving from in front of paige so I could tag her.

'got you' I laughed, running away.

'nessa get back here' she followed me around the court.

as I ran around, I unknowingly stood behind a reporter, paige oblivious on the other side of the camera.

we ran in circles around the camera until I finally noticed I was stood near the reporter.

'oh my gosh I'm so sorry' I covered my mouth as paige crashed into me.

'gotcha' she smiled proudly.

I elbowed her in the ribs, smiling at the reporter.

'oh um hi, sorry about that' she cleared her throat.

'it's alright paige, in fact we would love to talk to the two of you' she smiled.

'uh yeah of course' she nodded as I stood there smiling like an idiot.

'so villanova are tough competition, how do you think you guys bagged that win ?' she asked.

'well the girls all tried really hard and scored a lot of great buckets' paige spoke.

'yes, also a lot of great blocks. nessa how on earth does a 5'9" guard block a 6'4" centre' she turned to me.

'uh well lots of time spent working on improving my jump, but i think paige did great to score that three pointer when she did' I rambled.

'great stuff, and yeah paige that buzzer beater wow, what a way to put your team through this competition, what was going through your head when you took that shot ?'

'probably just please don't miss' paige laughed as I looked up at her. 'without that block from nessa though it wouldn't have happened' she wrapped an arm around me.

'so humble, well that was the dream team, paige bueckers and nessa kray. you two go have fun' she smirked as I nodded, dragging paige away.

'that was so embarrassing' I buried my face in my hands.

'it wasn't' she laughed, pulling my hands away from my face and dragging me over to the girls.

'love birds have decided to bless us with their presence' azzi commented.

'shut it azz' paige shook her head as my cheeks went red.

'aw she's blushing' nika teased, grabbing my cheeks.

'stop' I slapped her hands away, rolling my eyes as we all celebrated the win.

[chloe speaks]

lots of paige and nessa content for u guys here🥰

I decided to make another paige fanfic but this time the oc plays football since I play football and understand it better than basketball, but I will still be frequently updating daylight

vote and comment😘