[10]: bad blood

so take a look what you've done,
cause baby now we got bad blood.

we had been training all week, getting ready for our biggest game this season, and my second, against iowa for a spot in the final four. 

they had caitlin clarke, she was like as scoring machine.

today was game day and i couldn't be more ready, i'd been putting in extra practice as even though i wasn't the tallest i'd definitely be the quickest, fittest and strongest.

i'd also improved my jumping, i'd even dunked on paige after practice to prank her.

i like sitting on my own before games to have time to be alone with my thoughts, so i was sat outside on a wall in peace.

that was until i felt someone sit next to me.

'gathering your thoughts ?' a familiar voice asked from beside me.

'yeah, you ?' i asked the brunette next to me.

'yeah, i'm caitlin' she introduced, holding her hand out.

'yeah i know who you are, i'm nessa' i shook her hand

'and of course i know who you are' she grinned. 'you ready for the game ?'

'100%, you ?' i replied, trying not to let myself show too much personality to my opponent.

'always' she nodded, as the silence resumed.

we sat next to each other, fully dressed in our game kits, staring into the air ahead of us.

'ness you here ?' i heard paige call out.

'i should probably get going' i turned to the girl, patting her shoulder. 'good luck'

'you too' she smiled as i walked over to paige.

'why are you fraternising with the enemy ?' she raised an eyebrow.

'she came up to me' i shrugged.

'you didn't tell her anything did you ?' she questioned.

'yeah only like all of our plays and strategies and who will be marking her' i shrugged.

'i know you're joking but im still gonna ask are you being for real ?' the blonde asked.

'no im not being for real, i basically just said hi and bye' i laughed.

'good now come on' she put her arm over my shoulders, pulling me inside.

as we walked in the girls were all ready, waiting to go through as the announcements began.

the girls went through one by one until it was my turn, i waved to the fans as i walked onto the court, smiling as they cheered.

i read the signs they'd made, laughing at how creative some of them were.

as the iowa girls made their way out i stood in my position, waiting for the tip off to start.

the ball was played to the iowa team, as they immediately attacked our net.

nika had gotten the block and we began our attack.

the game had been fairly even until caitlin started becoming more and more difficult to defend.

i was sat on the bench, sweating buckets with only 12 points as i was busy in defence the majority of the game.

a time out was called as clarke was walking all over our players and geno said he has no tactics left.

we gathered in a huddle, listening to his instructions.