Chapter 3:

Unedited*

Rosewyn's shoes clicked on the tiled floor of the tribute center, her long brown hair bouncing with each step. She was excited to be out of the mansion even if a guard was walking just two paces behind her. When she opened the door to the viewing room that overlooked the training center.

"Rosewyn I'm glad your here" Benedict Hollow greeted placing a hand on the girls back to lead her to her seat.

"I'm looking forward to seeing the games from your perspective Mr. Hollow" Rosewyn responded a smile painted on her face. "What should I be expecting today?"

"Well this will be the first day of training for the tributes" Benedict explained stating what the girl already knew, "we'll watch how the perform each skill so we can implement their talents and weaknesses to make the games more interesting" Rosewyn nods digesting the mans words.

"What are your plans for the arena this year" Rosewyn asks curiously as the first tributes begin to trickle in. Benedict stares at the brunette in front of him for a moment considering what he should say.

"It will be something we havent seen in quite sometime" He finally answers not divulging details in fear that it would somehow come back to ruin him.

"I look forward to seeing it" Rosewyn smiles turning away from the man to watch the tributes enter the center. The men surrounding her begin to chat amongst themselves drinking and laughing barely paying any mind to the 24 tributes that are learning the skills that will allow one of them to become a victor.

Rosewyn's eyes fall upon the blonde haired boy from district four. He was young, younger than any victor that had come before, but his body was toned with muscle and he held himself with an unwavering confidence she'd never seen before.

"The boy from district four" Rosewyn spoke not being able to draw her eyes away from him, "What was his name again?" Benedict had paused his jesting with one of the other gamemakers as soon as the girl had spoken.

"Finnik Odair I believe Ms. Snow" The man Benedict had been speaking with spoke filling the silence her question had left. The girl watched him well aware that how he fared in the games would not only decide his fate but also her own.

"He trained at the academy in district 4" another man, this one with bright pink hair, offered. Rosewyn nodded studying the career tributes as they congregated near the weaponry.

"What else do you know about him?" She said finally drawing her eyes away to focus on the men around her who had silenced their conversations to listen to the powerful child.

"Not much I'm afraid" the first man answered rubbing his hand over his brightly bleached facial hair, "If you like I could get you the tributes files" at this Rosewyn smiled finally feeling as if she were getting somewhere.

"That would be lovely. Thank you" The words hung in the air as she waited for the mans name.

"Arthur" He filled in a wide smile on his face.

Before long a tablet was handed to her the names of each tribute clearly displayed as well as what little information the gamemakers had on them. She had swiped through a few files before finally landing of the boy from the fishing district.

Finnick Odair was fourteen years old and he had trained at district fours academy for three years before he was reaped. There wasnt much else for Rosewyn to work with so she was hoping her time watching the tributes train would be more eyeopening.