Chapter 10:

Unedited*

Rosewyn wandered through the rose gardens that surrounded her home, the setting sun spreading a golden hue into the air. It seemed as if everything had changed since the sixty fifth hunger games. Her once long hair was cut into a shorter shoulder length hairstyle, her back was littered with an infinite amount of scars from her punishments through the years, and her once bright outlook on the future of Panem had dimmed. It seemed to Rosewyn like the country was doomed.

The thought of Panem was enough to send the seventeen year old into a full blown panic attack. They had become a nearly daily occurrence for the girl but she had also grown used to the feeling of her lungs collapsing in on themselves. Her once youthful complexion now had to be modified by makeup in order to hide her worn face.

Rosewyns appearance wasn't the only thing to change in Panem. Finnick Odair had become quite the playboy in recent years. Rosewyn hadn't seen him much in person but his face was scattered across capitol tabloids everywhere. Each time with a different socialite hanging off his arm. The few instances she had the pleasure of a conversation with the young victor it had been short and polite. However thirteen year old rosewyns crush on the boy still caused the young woman to blush in the eighteen year olds presence.

A shiver crawled up rosewyns spine as the night air grew chiller now that the sun had set. She turned to leave long burgundy coat flowing around her like something out of a dream.

"Miss Snow the president requests your presence for dinner" Bianca Sinclair, President snow's newest assistant, called out as the girl walked through the door.

"Of course," Rosewyn replied, smiling softly with hollow eyes. She allowed her feet to lead her through the halls of the mansion to the dining room where her mentor and tormentor sat waiting. Rosewyn wasn't sure why her presence had been requested but she had not been prepared for the sight before her. Finnick odair sat to the right of Coriolanus engaged in tense but polite conversation.

"Ah Rosewyn my dear" The white haired man spoke warmly, "What took you so long?" His question confused the girl slightly; she had only been informed of this meeting minutes ago.

"My apologies" She spoke taking her seat across from Finnick, "I lost track of time in the garden" Her voice was steady and her hands no longer shook like they used to. She hated to admit it but the punishments and lessons she had endured through the years had succeeded in giving her strength.

"The roses are especially lovely this time of year" He replies, taking a sip of the wine in front of him. The three sit in a tense silence, the two teens waiting for the eldest to speak again. The food is soon served and they begin to eat. Rosewyn ensuring to use precise dainty movements.

"May I ask why we get to enjoy the pleasure of your company Finnick?" Rosewyn finally speaks face bearing the same stony expression of the man beside her.

"I think that's a question better suited for president Snow" Finnick bites out sarcasm flowing through the lightness of his tone. A mocking smile spreads across his tanned face. The boy was clearly upset at being summoned to dine with a man he hated.

"You should know Rosewyn" Coriolanus' voice turned steely as he looked at the confused girl.

"I don't think I completely understand," she spoke a small smile spreading across her face as she tries to mask the anxiety brewing within her.

"Think carefully my rose" He spoke eyes burning with anger,
"You should know everything given your affinization for Mr. Odair" the boy in question brows furrowed at the statement glancing at the frozen girl across from him.

"I don't think i know what you're talking about" Rosewyn did her best to keep her voice steady but the slight tremor betrayed her true emotions.

"Don't you?" The man questioned leaning back in his seat watching as fear overtook the future leader. Rosewyns mind had turned into a hurricane of thoughts, each more destructive than the last.

"Mr Odair you received quite the gift during your games" Coriolanus spoke. Venomous tongue speaking the words so casually.

The confused victor nodded his head slowly not understanding the situation he had found himself in. For the past few years he had done everything that was asked of him no matter what he himself wanted. He had turned himself into a whore for the capital to save his capital. He had mastered the art of faking a smile. He had played all of the games the president had set before him. Why was he here?

"He was very lucky" Rosewyn breathed out muscles strained by the stress eating away at her.

"Lucky" the man repeated with a slight home, "I'm sure you would think so Rosewyn" the girl's breath ceased as he spoke terror consuming her like an endless pit.

"Since you feel so inclined to give gifts I'd think you deserve one in return" His voice was low. Bone chilling even.

"What?" Finnick finally spoke head spinning at the coded words the tow spoke in. He wasn't sure if he was following the conversation correctly but it seemed as if Rosewyn was the one to thank for his survival.

"You don't know," the old man chuckled, glancing between the two, "Rosewyn was the one who gifted you the trident." Both Finnick and Rosewyns eyes widened for different reasons. The boy felt a mix of shock and gratitude for the girl. While rosewyn sat completely stunned and terrified ears beginning to ring.

"I had no idea" Finnick mumbled. Slightly relieved to be able to thank his savior properly.

"I think to repay her you could provide her with one of your many services" Coriolanuses words broke the boy from his surprise.

"Of course" He bit out another charmingly fake smile pulling across his lips. He needed to protect his family.

"Wha- What are you talking about?" Rosewyn breathed out.

"You think I wouldn't know how he acquired the trident really my rose" Snow smiled at the girl sinisterly, "I know everything that happens in my country. I was simply waiting for the opportune moment to strike"

Authors Note:

Sorry it took me forever to upload I wrote the original chapter a few weeks ago but I hated it and so I had to completely rewrite it. It was worth it. 

Please remember to Vote & Comment!

(Also the wattpad author curse is so real my life has never been so chaotic)