Chapter 109: Buying A Car, Spring Outing

Jiang Zhida did not persuade her again. If it weren't for Second Uncle Jiang and his wife's relentless pressure on Jiang Zhiyi, she wouldn't be so afraid to go home now.

Jiang Zhiyi was selecting the photos she had just taken on the table, with a radiance in her eyes that she didn't have when she was in the capital.

"Brother, you don't know how free and happy my life is now. I miss Mom and Dad, Grandpa, and all of you, but I want freedom even more," Jiang Zhiyi said, looking up at Jiang Zhida.

At that moment, Qian Ran emerged from the kitchen, poured a cup of hot tea for each person, and naturally sat beside Jiang Zhiyi.

Jiang Zhida looked at him and Jiang Zhiyi with suspicion, feeling that something was not quite right between the two.

"Brother Dazi," Qian Ran interrupted Jiang Zhida's thoughts, "When you go back, help me tell my parents too. I won't be going home for the New Year this year. If I have time, I'll go back to see them."

Jiang Zhida glanced at him and then at Jiang Zhiyi, leaning back on the sofa: "You didn't go home for the New Year last year, just like Zhiyi. If you don't go again this year, your parents might come directly to Guangzhou to find you."

Qian Ran smiled and said, "Let them come. I'll take them to see the scenery of Guangzhou and Shenzhen."

Jiang Zhida didn't say anything, but stared at his eyes for a moment. Qian Ran continued to smile, touched his own face, and asked, "Brother Dazi, what's wrong?"

Jiang Zhida shook his head, "Nothing, I'll go check on the factory first. Xiao Ran, come with me."

As the two walked out, Jiang Zhida took out a cigarette, lit it, and handed another one to Qian Ran.

Qian Ran pushed the cigarette back to him, saying, "Brother Dazi, I quit smoking."

Jiang Zhida raised an eyebrow, lit the cigarette in his mouth, took a puff, and then reached out to put his arm around Qian Ran's shoulder, saying, "Xiao Ran, something's not right with you."

Qian Ran lowered his head and chuckled, "I knew I couldn't hide it from you."

Jiang Zhida asked, "What's the situation between you and my sister?"

As they walked outside, Qian Ran's smiling face made Jiang Zhida feel particularly uncomfortable. "Just what you saw, we are together."

"Fuck!" Jiang Zhida lifted his arm and elbowed Qian Ran, knocking him away. 

"I asked you to take care of my sister, and this is how you take care of her? By becoming my brother-in-law directly?"

Qian Ran rubbed his not-so-lightly-hit stomach, still smiling, showing no signs of being attacked. "Brother Dazi, I think being your brother-in-law is quite good. Look, I have a career. I used to smoke, but now I've quit. I don't go to the red-light district, and I don't have any bad habits..."

The cigarette in Jiang Zhida's mouth had already been crushed on the ground. "If it weren't for this, do you think I would only hit you once? But if you dare to mistreat my sister, you know my methods, Jiang Zhida."

Qian Ran nodded, "I know. Brother, rest assured, I will treat Zhiyi well for the rest of my life."

Jiang Zhida stared into his eyes and, seeing the sincerity in them, turned his head and said, "Remember what you just said. Also, don't call me 'Brother' for now. You haven't married my sister yet."

Qian Ran replied, "That's just a matter of time."

Jiang Zhida elbowed him again, "Shut up!"

When Jiang Zhida came to Guangzhou, apart from checking the scene, he also handed over the received orders to Qian Ran. These orders were quite special and came with strict requirements.