Chapter 140: Zhang Lu

The origin of affection is unknown, but it deepens with each passing moment.

Perhaps it was the assistance in the car on the day of the competition, or maybe her smile was just too beautiful.

In any case, the moment of infatuation was fleeting, but the love is eternal.

Zhang Lu waited for Tang Song for a long time, but he didn't say a word. He just looked at her with a gentle expression.

Tang Song is not a gentle person; he rarely smiles or speaks much. However, when he is with her, Zhang Lu notices that he smiles a lot.

"I understand now. It must be because I'm so outstanding that you unconsciously fell in love with me!"

Tang Song nods, "You're right."

***

Before Zhang Lu boarded the plane, Tang Song came to see her, in addition to her family.

Cen Huai'an and Chu Xia also came.

Zhang Lu told Cen Huai'an that she was leaving, and it was really unfair for her younger brother not to come and see her.

Cen Huai'an's work wasn't so busy that he couldn't spare the time, so he came.

Cen Huai'an watched as Zhang Lu hugged Tang Song, without any surprise in his eyes.

Tang Song, who had been secretly in love for so many years, no longer hid his feelings. This meant he must have a way to be with Zhang Lu.

But Tang Song is trustworthy, and there's nothing wrong with Zhang Lu being with him.

Zhang Lu walked over and hugged Cen Huai'an, "An'an, I'm leaving. See you next time!"

Cen Huai'an: "See you next time."

Zhang Lu walked towards the boarding gate, and Tang Song kept looking at her, as if wanting to imprint her figure in his heart.

Cen Huai'an stood beside him, "My sister is actually very pure."

Tang Song: "I know. The things you're worried about won't happen with me."

He was afraid he wasn't good enough for Zhang Lu. She was a treasure he had been praying for every day for so many years, and he couldn't bear to see her get hurt.

Cen Huai'an: "Remember what you said."

When Chu Xia and Cen Huai'an were heading back, she suddenly felt and said, "Lu Lu already has a boyfriend, that was fast."

Cen Huai'an looked ahead, "Hmm."

Chu Xia asked if Cen Huai'an knew how Zhang Lu and Tang Song got together. She was curious about the love stories of the younger generation.

Cen Huai'an summarized the story of the two in a few words. After listening, Chu Xia teased him, "Clearly, it's a wonderful childhood sweetheart love story. You described it so blandly, and now it lacks any romance."

Cen Huai'an: "Mom, you know I'm not good at telling stories."

This lack of storytelling ability wasn't passed down from Cen Zhengnian. Cen Zhengnian had a pleasant voice, and his storytelling was captivating. Yet, sometimes, his voice was so soothing that it became somewhat hypnotic.

Chu Xia didn't press on this topic further. Suddenly, she thought of something, turned with a smile, and asked curiously, "An'an, do you have someone you like?"

Cen Huai'an: "No."

His voice remained the same as usual, with no variation. Chu Xia immediately understood.

"It's really about fate. I'm a good mom; I won't rush you on these matters. Just go at your own pace."

***

After Zhang Lu's departure, Cen Huai'an returned to his busy routine.

Their company had both regular employee departures and new hires, and the experimental department was no exception.

Due to the new research results of Revitalize Technology, coupled with Cen Huai'an mentioning a shortage of personnel in the laboratory, the company had recently received resumes for the open positions.

Bangzi couldn't assist Cen Huai'an in making decisions, so he brought over a thick stack of resume materials to him.

"Take a look and see if there's anyone suitable; these resumes have already been screened. Oh, and there's also a plan to recruit from universities recently. Do you want to personally select candidates?"

In matters related to experiments, Bangzi always respected his opinions.

"Sure."