Chapter 122: College Entrance Examination

Zhang Lu was enthusiastic when she initially started doing the accounts, full of energy and vigor. However, after working on it for a while, she began to feel the boredom setting in.

She frowned and complained to Cen Huai'an, "My uncle is so cunning; I'll never help him with accounts again."

Cen Huai'an reached out to her and said, "Give it to me if you don't like it."

Although the numbers were a bit messy in her memory, it wasn't a challenge for Cen Huai'an. He quickly organized them in his mind.

Zhang Lu shook her head and slapped her forehead to wake herself up, saying, "We agreed to do this together; I can't let you do all the work."

She continued calculating with a calculator by her side, and the mechanical sound of the electronic device resonated. 

Cen Huai'an glanced at her and then focused on the accounts on his own desk.

Earlier, during their accounting work with Bangzi, Chu Xia had taught Cen Huai'an how to use tables to present numbers more clearly. 

So, when they were doing accounts for Jiang Zhida's audio-visual store, Cen Huai'an also used tables to organize the recorded accounts.

The accounts covered the past month, and despite the increase in the number of stores, Cen Huai'an and Zhang Lu quickly completed the calculations.

When they handed over the accounts to Jiang Zhida, he raised an eyebrow unexpectedly, not expecting the two kids to finish so quickly.

"Why didn't Weixian join you in the calculations?"

Zhang Lu explained, "He has a lot of homework, and there are assignments from his mother. We could handle it, so we didn't bother him."

Jiang Zhida ruffled their hair and said, "Let me take a look."

Seeing the neatly organized accounts in front of him, Jiang Zhida's expression was even more amazed than expected.

"Who came up with this table? The data looks really neat!"

Jiang Zhida immediately praised, and Zhang Lu proudly credited Cen Huai'an, "It's An'an! Uncle, isn't An'an amazing?"

Jiang Zhida gave Cen Huai'an a thumbs-up, saying, "Very impressive. He's not far behind my professional accountants."

He lowered his head to inspect the accounts, flipping through them one by one. He noticed the markings made by Cen Huai'an, clearly indicating any areas where the numbers were unclear or had issues.

Meanwhile, Cen Huai'an and Zhang Lu were on the side working on their assignments and discussing problems from their math Olympiad class. 

This year, Zhang Lu also aimed to participate in the National High School Mathematics Competition. Therefore, she had been preparing during the summer, practicing various types of problems.

After the school started, she was diligent in her math Olympiad class, no longer displaying the careless attitude she had before.

Her friends were surprised by her transformation, and Zhang Lu laughed while telling them, "It's senior year, we're about to take the college entrance exams. If we don't give it our all now, when will we?"

 Zhang Lu didn't aim for a gold medal in the National Mathematics Olympiad; she wanted the extra points. As long as she could advance to the national competition, even a bronze medal would bring a significant boost of twenty points.

The concept of gaining an extra twenty points in the college entrance exams was well-known among high school students. 

Zhang Lu said with determination, "Tang Song is also aiming for the national competition this year. The competition in our high school is fierce, and it's even more intense in the entire capital."