01 ♡ Broken Puzzle

"Sadie, please stop it! Leave him alone! And Satoru, put that down!"

Fushiguro sighed with mild annoyance at the back of his room, watching you deal with the usual scene between the three year old and Satoru Gojo. On the floor, a 3 foot tall girl in overalls and pigtails held her toy bat. Her eyes--usually as innocent as those of her mother figure--bore nothing but hardened hatred for the man in front of her; a sight none of you were surprised by anymore.

Gojo stood on top of Fushiguro's bed with a dead serious expression as he pointed his interlocked index and middle finger in Sadie's direction. His half-covered face showed no sign of playfulness either.

"Megumi."

"Hm."

"Summon Mahoraga."

How did this manage to find a way into his room?

The present era's strongest jujutsu sorcerer could be described many ways. Yaga called him an idiot. Gakuganji called him insolent. Fushiguro called him a clown. You called him your best friend. 

Fushiguro didn't know much about your relationship with Gojo except that you were undoubtedly close. The second years claimed you'd both endured a great loss together just a year ago, blooming the co-dependency between you two that was hard to miss.

"Sadie", you tried,"I heard Principal Yaga got you some new books. Why don't you check them out?"

She perked up within the second,"Are they about cursed spirits?"

"Only one way to find out", you tempted. The little girl grew a bright smile and excitedly began making her way out the room. Gojo steadily lowered his hand the further away she got, yet she paused when he muttered something under his breath.

"Demon-child..."

Sadie wasted no time in running back into the room to throw the plastic bat at him as hard she could. The flimsy toy bounced right off Gojo's infinity but he stanced right back up anyway, holding Hollow Purple at an even lower vantage point so Sadie could see it better: a clear warning.

You fumbled to catch the bat before it hit the ground and sighed as she kept a demeaning look on Gojo up until she turned the corner. The bat was once again put to use as you smacked it harmlessly on Gojo,"And you, have you ever considered that she won't ever like you until you're nice to her?"

Another thing Fushiguro couldn't fail to notice: Gojo's tendency to turn his infinity off around you. The teacher whined childishly as you hit him with zero force, choosing to let it happen. Gojo often turned his antics up a notch when you were around and it always resulted in you giving him extra attention.

That, along with the fact you wore one of the teacher's buttons in your soft pink kimono. You claimed the button exchange was a cute symbol of your friendship but anyone better versed in Japanese customs knew better. It made everyone wonder Gojo's intentions.

 Fushiguro didn't dwell on it too much. You were grown adults and it was none of his business.

"Women usually like me. I think your 'daughter' might be a man."

One of you was a grown adult.

You giggled at his assumption, shaking your head and latching onto the sleeve of his shirt to drag him with you,"Come on. I wanna make Fushiguro some quick dinner before he goes away for his big mission."

"It's just a cursed object...", Fushiguro mumbled. You had the tendency to get motherly with him. It was a trait both men found endearing for different reasons, though neither would confess it.